1.    #1  
    After a complete power down, it seems to take an age to start up (watching the HP logo is image burning my eyeballs). Is there a way/patch/preware method of speeding this up.?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Not really, no.

Like a lot of people in this thread said: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...take-boot.html
    compared to the original Pre it seems lightning fast.

Besides, how often are you completely powering down?
    Stop watching the logo and your eyes will be fine. The TP will ding at you when it's ready.
    my Pre+ takes 6:20...did you hear that? 6 minutes & 20 seconds! So count your blessings...and the up side is...you've got the time to do it!
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    my Pre+ takes 6:20...did you hear that? 6 minutes & 20 seconds! So count your blessings...and the up side is...you've got the time to do it!
    *** are you serious lol that's crazy.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    On the phones, the boot up time is directly related to the number and size of apps that is installed. With just the stock apps the phones normally take 2-3 minutes.

To be blunt, the Touchpad is a sigh of relief compared to the phones boot up time. Also, looking at the screen will make it seem like its taking forever (you know... the whole theory of relativity thing?)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Also, looking at the screen will make it seem like its taking forever (you know... the whole theory of relativity thing?)
    Wut...I don't even...?...
    I think you're reaching for a proverb, "A watched pot never boils". The only thing that seems remotely connected with the Theory of Relativity is gravitational time dilation, but only because it deals with time.
    No, you can't speed up the boot time from a cold start, there's certain things a system has to go through before it's ready to be used.
    I remember the boot time on my Palm IIIe, HandERA 330, & Tapwave Zodiac2, all running various versions of PalmOS...no, wait a minute. I don't remember because THERE WASN't ANY BOOT TIME! Sorry, lost my cool there. Sigh, sure loved instant on of PalmOS.