1.    #1  
    If I factory reset my TP, will I be able to put my apps that I bought back on it without having to buy them again?
    i think they are saved on your account in webos, kinda like android and iphone, so you should be able to reinstall without paying. dont know about the free ones, those you probably have to hunt down again! but anything you paid or free with promo code should be able to reinstall for free. .someone correct me if im wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyHM17 View Post
    If I factory reset my TP, will I be able to put my apps that I bought back on it without having to buy them again?
    Yes, I had to return my HP Touchpad to Amazon and bought another. It downloaded using my account automatically (as it asks you to login to your account it will start downloading your apps as well).

Same thing happened today when i upgraded from a Pre Plus to Pre 3
  4.    #4  
    Ok thanks everyone!
    I assume the tp is the same as the pre2, but don't take my word for it as I have not actually reset my touchpad. I can tell you that when I first logged into my palm profile on my touchpad, it installed all the apps I had purchased through my other webos devices.

If the touchpad is the same as the pre2, then all of the apps that you downloaded through the official app catalog will be reinstalled, as long as you log into the same palm profile that you used before. This includes free apps, as long as you got them through the app catalog. Anything you download through preware you would have to find and install again yourself (preware does have a saved packages list you can use for the application.. it didn't seem to have a saved list of patches though).
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    I assume the tp is the same as the pre2, but don't take my word for it as I have not actually reset my touchpad. I can tell you that when I first logged into my palm profile on my touchpad, it installed all the apps I had purchased through my other webos devices.

If the touchpad is the same as the pre2, then all of the apps that you downloaded through the official app catalog will be reinstalled, as long as you log into the same palm profile that you used before. This includes free apps, as long as you got them through the app catalog. Anything you download through preware you would have to find and install again yourself (preware does have a saved packages list you can use for the application.. it didn't seem to have a saved list of patches though).
    oh great thanks for the answer! i had no idea if it would re download the free apps. android doesnt do this, (its annoying) but that is way kool!