Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anyone got a broken Touchpad they want to sell for cheap. The school bully thought it would be fun to smash my daughter's tablet. I have been looking online but cannot find any parts. The actual screen part still displays when I turn it on it is the glass I need to replace. I took it all apart. If not can someone tell me the address to send to cybergen mod place maybe I can donate it for the cause of getting android on it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    im surprised you're not taking action against the bully
    he broke it, he should pay for it, or at least buy you guys a new one

talk to his/her parents and work something out

i doubt anyone here will have a broken TP, as if it broke we would send it in for warranty( assuming of course that it didnt drop and void the warranty)
    Sad story. Hope you get some justice.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Vistaus likes this.
    Contact HP, its a VERY small chance but they might be able to sell a replacement part.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    destroying property is a criminal act, and you should treat it as such.. At the very least, the punk is responsible for your $100
    fwinst likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post

am i the only one skeptical? how about some proof

Yep. We have a bunch of lurkers who have no need to register who are no less avid readers of the forums. Only 300 folx are logged in right now, the other 2000 are reading as guests. An event like this where one needs to vent and seek advice is a natural first post.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    allowingtoo likes this.
    Take it up with the parents, they are responsible. The parents have several options; one, pay for repair cost; two, replace the unit; three, reimburse monetary value that you bought it for, which ever is the cheapest.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Yep. We have a bunch of lurkers who have no need to register who are no less avid readers of the forums. Only 300 folx are logged in right now, the other 2000 are reading as guests. An event like this where one needs to vent and seek advice is a natural first post.
    I don't know about anyone else but my first natural reaction would be to confront the parents and to get resolution with the parents of the kid who supposedly broke it instead of posting about it.
    sledge007, fwinst and pre101 like this.
    Not only is an event like this a solid reason to register for a first post, OP also offered to pay for already broken TP - so what would have been the motivation to make this up?

If everybodies first post meets paranoid suspicion nobody will get to the 2nd post.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/01/2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: moderated
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Make a criminal damage report. Bully gets charged for crime and you still get your money back. Making parents pay teaches kids nothing. Problem with America

sent from my thunderbolt
    bassic83 and Dazo like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Make a criminal damage report. Bully gets charged for crime and you still get your money back. Making parents pay teaches kids nothing. Problem with America

sent from my thunderbolt
    It's a global problem, not just an American.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    vella_ likes this.
    How old is your daughter and why would she be taking this to school? Why have you not filed a criminal report?
    Take it up with the school.
    and the police.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    People on PreCentral do love to answer questions which have not been asked.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    panhandle likes this.
    Maybe the all the above recommendations have been done already and the OP is just after some spare parts?! Where do you suppose the parents / police / school are going to get a spare TP glass?
    True enough duncanjameshill, to the OP don't be too quick to throw or give it away, experience tells me that pretty soon you'll find spare screens etc. on eBay.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heydaveyboy View Post
    Anyone got a broken Touchpad they want to sell for cheap. The school bully thought it would be fun to smash my daughter's tablet. I have been looking online but cannot find any parts. The actual screen part still displays when I turn it on it is the glass I need to replace. I took it all apart. If not can someone tell me the address to send to cybergen mod place maybe I can donate it for the cause of getting android on it.

Thanks
    This makes me so angry, I don't know where you live but in NJ we have strong bullying laws..you need to document this with the school and the school, by law, needs to file a report with the state regarding the bully and the incident. It's almost like how they must report incidents to DYFS.
  18.    #18  
    My daughter is 11. I come from a little town and doubt very much that the parents would pay for the damage. The school teacher is big on technology and encourages kids to bring in their laptops, tablets, etc... Thing is, I can't replace it for the price I paid $99.00. The bully(girl by the way) says it was an accident. Thanks for the replies. I will donate it to the cause. What is the address I need to send it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I go through the forums a lot without logging in. No need to if i ain't posting............as far as the OP, he should have made a police report for damaged property and notified the school authorities. This is why school bullying has gotten so far out of hand, parents and teachers tend to look the other way................
    My daughter is 11. I come from a little town and doubt very much that the parents would pay for the damage. The school teacher is big on technology and encourages kids to bring in their laptops, tablets, etc... Thing is, I can't replace it for the price I paid $99.00. The bully(girl by the way) says it was an accident. Thanks for the replies. I will donate it to the cause. What is the address I need to send it to.
    Have you filed a police report and asked the parents to pay up? Doubting isn't going to get you compensation, but taking them to small claims court - where they would have to pay out much more than the cost of the device - should get them motivated to pay.

Good luck, this should be an easy one to solve if you put the effort in.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    joecwv135 and tayswg20 like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast