Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    These are some of the things that make my experience with TouchPad, fustrating at times. But all these can be fixed via software updates.

1. Playing video for me has not been a flawless experience (needs work)
    2. No dedicated YouTube app
    3. YouTube videos hard to manipulate on the browser (scrubber hard to drag)
    4. App Catalog needs speed all around.
    6. Hurry up in getting more big name apps (netflix, crunchyroll, evernote etc)
    7. Skype video calls not all that clear for me. Skype quality is over all bad.
    8. Video recording needed.
    9. Copy and paste needs a little more work
    10. Speedup calender rendering as I browse through. Speed up calender!
    11. Facebook chat via synergy. Facebook app Lags alot.
    12 Ability to install our own printer drivers (homebrew method perhaps)
    13. Browser should have ability to return to my spot when I go back a page.
    14. Manytimes when I type it takes the keyboard a while to input the text.
    15. Spell Check needs to work in QuickOffice. (As Vistaus pointed out, this is not HP's fault)
    16. Fix the clock app's Alarm Clock!!
    17. Adobe Reader needs optimization.
    18. Webos is faster than before but still not fluid smooth. More Optimization
    19. Separate the video and photo app.
    20. Add arrowkeys to virtual keyboard.

That's my list. Please Add yours. HP might listen.
    Last edited by suruat; 10/01/2011 at 09:27 PM.
    As above but with additions to the App Catalog, which desperately needs -

- a "MORE" button to help look for apps that are more than a week or so old, or aren't that popular
    - keyword tags within the apps to help find an app via a keyword search. You need to know app name to find it as it stands now, or get lucky by searching a category.
    - to be able to be viewed properly on non-webOS hardware (eg pc, Mac etc.)
    - universal Promo codes. Codes shouldn't be limited to region.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Yep, they have to add that one!

No problem here.

It does need a little bit of speed indeed.

Yup. But Evernote is already there, just FYI.

That's also on the PC, so that is a Skype-issue.

Why? It works way better than on Android Honeycomb IMHO.

It was slow in 3.0, but it's fast as hell in 3.0.2 for me.

And also MSN (Windows Live) via Synergy. Those 2 are needed.

Works fine here.

No problems here. Had that problem on Android Honeycomb though, but no problems on the TP.

15. Spell Check needs to work in QuickOffice.
    Yeah. That's really weird. QuickOffice HD on Android has proper spell-check, so it's weird the webOS-version hasn't. But they need to fix that upstream at QuickOffice.

16. Voice recroding app optimize for 3.0
    Looks optimized here, but then again, that needs to be fixed upstream at the developers place.

It's fast as hell here. No overclock, no patches. Except when opening apps, that could be somewhat faster indeed.

I like 1 app for both, but tastes differ, I guess.

Yeah, but then under a Edit-button, like on Swype. It's not always needed and by hiding them under there, you get them when you need them.

- a "MORE" button to help look for apps that are more than a week or so old, or aren't that popular
    Yep, needed.

- keyword tags within the apps to help find an app via a keyword search. You need to know app name to find it as it stands now, or get lucky by searching a category.
    On Android HC, you need to know the app name too. I get better search results on the App Catalog, but tags would come in handy, so agreed.

Needed.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is it? there is that awful phone version are you saying there is a tablet specific app?
    Many of those things are not in the OS programming, nor are they controlled by system updates. If a third party app is having issues, then sent them them your feedback.

For a lot of the other issues regarding speed and stability, have you overclocked and installed some of the homebrew patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    For a lot of the other issues regarding speed and stability, have you overclocked and installed some of the homebrew patches?
    I think the OP is trying to say HP should officially address the software not being smooth and work on optimization to speed up the TouchPad. It should be smoother without help from homebrew. Homebrew overclocking should be an option if you want more speed not required for providing an okay to good experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    I think the OP is trying to say HP should officially address the software not being smooth and work on optimization to speed up the TouchPad. It should be smoother without help from homebrew. Homebrew overclocking should be an option if you want more speed not required for providing an okay to good experience.
    And I dont disagree, but in the meantime my advice can help if they haven't done so already.
    . Browser should have ability to return to my spot when I go back a page.
    Works fine here.

Ok, I can't get browser to return to the previous spot. It will return to the previous page, but not the previous area or post on that page. It does not work on advanced browser either. Am I missing something?
    No problem here. - please share your tips on this because I find it a real pain to drag the scrubber.

Why? It works way better than on Android Honeycomb IMHO. - it's terrible IMO, paste option often disappears before you can select it (there are work arounds but far from intuitive)?

For me the big issue is the browser speed. the TP fails to load pages as quick as my old hat iPad 1 (even with patches / overclock). Given the vast hardware advantage the TP has its both surprising and a little disappointing.

Not complaining for 89 but if I paid iPad money for a TP I would be gutted. Given web browsing is the primary use of any tablet I would have thought they would have got it comparable with the competition. I load up BBC website side by side against my iPad 1 and watch it's **** kicked every time (even at 1.7Ghz).

Dan
    I would be happy if they just got the browser right--significant increase in speed, organize bookmarks, work properly on major sites like gDocs, gReader, gMail, gMusic, Zoho, Box.net, etc., work properly with textareas, faster new card--no animation and waiting for it to fully load a new instance, etc. . .
    Dear HP,

please in the next ota update I would like a alarm clock that works.

thanks
    netflix is pretty much the only tHing that I think could make this awesome device better
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmitch View Post
    . Browser should have ability to return to my spot when I go back a page.
    Works fine here.

Ok, I can't get browser to return to the previous spot. It will return to the previous page, but not the previous area or post on that page. It does not work on advanced browser either. Am I missing something?
    Same here
    Dear HP,

Please "have" a next OTA update.

Regards,
    TouchPad Users
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Improving support for Enterprise wireless networks so people don't have to mess around with shell scripts and/or certificate files would be great as well.
    kjhoover and suruat like this.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yep, they have to add that one!

No problem here.

It does need a little bit of speed indeed.

That's also on the PC, so that is a Skype-issue.

Why? It works way better than on Android Honeycomb IMHO.

It was slow in 3.0, but it's fast as hell in 3.0.2 for me.

And also MSN (Windows Live) via Synergy. Those 2 are needed.

Works fine here.

No problems here. Had that problem on Android Honeycomb though, but no problems on the TP.

15. Spell Check needs to work in QuickOffice.
    Yeah. That's really weird. QuickOffice HD on Android has proper spell-check, so it's weird the webOS-version hasn't. But they need to fix that upstream at QuickOffice.

16. Voice recroding app optimize for 3.0
    Looks optimized here, but then again, that needs to be fixed upstream at the developers place.

It's fast as hell here. No overclock, no patches. Except when opening apps, that could be somewhat faster indeed.

I like 1 app for both, but tastes differ, I guess.

Yeah, but then under a Edit-button, like on Swype. It's not always needed and by hiding them under there, you get them when you need them.

Yep, needed.

On Android HC, you need to know the app name too. I get better search results on the App Catalog, but tags would come in handy, so agreed.

Needed.
    3. For me and many others its annoying and frustrating to manipulate.

4. Alot more speed IMO....

6.The only evernote app thats available is the phone one. Its close to useless on Touchpad.

7. Are you kidding me? have you use skype on the Ipad? I get better skype video quality on my Nexus s 4g than I get on my touchpad. And thats on the same wifi network.

9. Copy and paste works... but it needs more optimization. AS of now its still hit or miss.

10. I don't know what fast is for you but when all my other mobile devices render my calender faster than my overclocked touchpad...... thats a problem.

13. Lets say I am reading an article, and in the 3rd paragraph there's a link that I click, the link takes me to a new page, after I am done with the new page, I hit the back button, the Touchpad browser should take me right back to the 3rd paragraph of the previous page. As of now it reload the page from the top, as if you were never there.

14. I must admit that this does not happen often, as it did before the 3.0.2

15. You're right. QuickOffice needs to fix this... While they are at it they need to squash some bugs in QO.

16. I was mistaken on this one, there is already a voice recorder made just for Touchpad!

18. Its more responsive after 3.0.2. however it still has ways to go.

19. Well this is down to personal preference, but honestly I think they ran out of time and just decided to mix the two. I like them separated, I like to feel that all my files are organized. I don't feel that way looking at my vids in pics in the same place.

20. +1000

I also agree with your last 3 points about the app cat!

I don't mean to sould like I am bashing webOS. I love my touchpad and would not even trade it for an IPAD 2, but these are my honest opinion about things that need improvement. I want to enjoy my touchpad even more, and such improvements will accommodate that.
    Last edited by suruat; 10/01/2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    And I dont disagree, but in the meantime my advice can help if they haven't done so already.
    I am overclocked!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dluik View Post
    No problem here. - please share your tips on this because I find it a real pain to drag the scrubber.

Why? It works way better than on Android Honeycomb IMHO. - it's terrible IMO, paste option often disappears before you can select it (there are work arounds but far from intuitive)?

For me the big issue is the browser speed. the TP fails to load pages as quick as my old hat iPad 1 (even with patches / overclock). Given the vast hardware advantage the TP has its both surprising and a little disappointing.

Not complaining for 89 but if I paid iPad money for a TP I would be gutted. Given web browsing is the primary use of any tablet I would have thought they would have got it comparable with the competition. I load up BBC website side by side against my iPad 1 and watch it's **** kicked every time (even at 1.7Ghz).

Dan
    Well said! My point exactly.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    Dear HP,

please in the next ota update I would like a alarm clock that works.

thanks
    I forgot this one!
    This is a big one for me, I have been late twice now because the alarm clock is screwy.
    Updated my OP to show this.
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    I forgot this one!
    This is a big one for me, I have been late twice now because the alarm clock is screwy.
    Updated my OP to show this.
    WebOS, since the first Pre, has never gotten the clock alarms or other time keeping functionalities right.

Most basic of programming, and its never been reliable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast