Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
    1. Universal on-screen volume control / restart, shutdown command / nodoze / clear browser cache/cookies
    -Could be handy.
    --- vol, restart shutdown I use all the time, so a short cut to save time and not having to press a mechanical button (point of failure) would be nice. I have device info on my launcher, but it's several clicks to accomplish on screen restart that way.

2. Browser side scroll bar & move top/bottom
    -Could be handy, though not important enough IMHO. Compatibility with websites is more of an issue.
    --- agreed, but side scroll would indicate where you are on a long webpage and speed up top/bottom navigation.

3. GUI customization to resize icons, provide folders and increase categories / launcher icons
    -That can be done with a few patches from Preware and I opt it not neccesary for an official OTA.
    ---- ok, but folders would probably take more than a patch, and would be useful for me to group app types, bookmarks, shortcuts to documents files.

4. Keyboard cut / paste command (existing finger cut/paste takes me forever in browser)
    -Could be handy.

6. Option to assign specific apps for handling mime types
    -Device Info>>>menu>>>Default Applications
    ---It seems there are only a few that can be assigned, but none of those useful for me.

7. Bing map search, google map pinch & zoom (with faster refresh)
    -Already possible, except for Google
    ---- my bad da bing, I use google maps a lot, so this is a priority for me

8. Bluetooth mouse (not sure if mouse pointer is even possible), BT phone support
    -BT mouse not possible yet?

9. Google voice support
    -Not neccesary for an officlal OTA IMHO.

10. App catalog scroll, move top/bottom, toggle on/off/or only 'already-own' apps from list
    -Now that is needed.

11. Clone image of entire TP HD to PC via USB.
    -Is that really nessecary for the casual end-user?
    --- no but backing up everything is a multi-step process that this could simplify

12. Recording app which uses external mic (if headphone jack supports external mics)
    -Voice Recorder does that.
    --- I meant music recording and editing app, if the external jack allows recording thru mics at decent quality

13. Database app, free form, supporting png jpg customizable
    -Yep.

14. Wallpaper app that uses own wallpapers, photos
    -Ehm, you can set that via the Photos-app?
    --- haven't figured that out. Is that via Photos & Videos main app?

16. Touch to transfer files
    -Could you explain that a bit more?
    --- well it can touch to share a website, so I thought a wireless transfer of files in this manner would be great

17. Upgrade Music app to support folders, song sort/delete/drag/drop, URL streaming, side-bar scrolling, equalizer, visualization.
    -Yep, needed.

19. Directory browser (I'm using 3rd party ones, but a built-in GUI would be nice)
    -Yep, needed.

20. On-screen master volume control slider (again)
    -Could be handy, but unlike Android-tablets, the buttons on the TP are actually easy to press.
    ---I'd rather keep my grubby fingers off the volume switch and on my screen with the screen protector. Also a variable slider could offer better control and even make the sound quieter than the lowest switch setting if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    WebOS, since the first Pre, has never gotten the clock alarms or other time keeping functionalities right.

Most basic of programming, and its never been reliable.
    BT keyboard shortcuts would be nice. also, better scrolling, BT mouse capable... Make the arrow keys on BT KB work for cards.

It's a good tablet, but it could be better...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    but are we sure there is going to be a another OTA update??? it looks very quite at HP except for the free app day. PDF reader needs massive update...though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    18. Webos is faster than before but still not fluid smooth. More Optimization
    It's fast as hell here. No overclock, no patches. Except when opening apps, that could be somewhat faster indeed.
    Nope he was right. Webos might seem smooth until you use one of those fruit tablets. I'd be happy is this thing were as silky smooth as an ipad1. It also judders and sometimes straight out just stops and thinks, then continues when it feels like it. I love my TP, but it could use a little more refining in the silky smooth department.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paging Dr B View Post
    Nope he was right. Webos might seem smooth until you use one of those fruit tablets. I'd be happy is this thing were as silky smooth as an ipad1. It also judders and sometimes straight out just stops and thinks, then continues when it feels like it. I love my TP, but it could use a little more refining in the silky smooth department.
    Well said!!!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    bump
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123