Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Ok these will be looked at and addressed . Thanks ! Roflol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    General lags. I have done all the speed patches, turned off logging, etc .

But still, Btrowser is slow....pauses when trying to scroll. Same issue with email.

Also, Fix the volume issue. It mysteriously shuts down (though a quick tap of the volume up/down key seems to restore it).
    Fix the $&%^@(& browser's text display.

There is honestly no excuse for the internet browser on a device like this to display text with graphical glitching. I want to be able to read a webpage without having to constantly do a quick zoom in/out to redraw the display thanks to wavy or otherwise garbled text.

I live with it for now, but it's still absolutely stupid. A device that is basically 95% portable web browser can't even display -text- correctly. LOL! Worse yet, this isn't exactly a new problem. My Pre- has had this since launch day. They have had plenty of time with a whole development department and STILL allowed this bug to persist.

At any rate, I don't expect to see any updates at all. Basically if it can't be fixed with a homebrew patch, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed at all.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 10/02/2011 at 04:55 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    fix proxy support

ridiculous PDF rendering

folders in quickoffice/acrobat

browser optimization

overall speed
    hmm that should be it...
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    7. Are you kidding me? have you use skype on the Ipad? I get better skype video quality on my Nexus s 4g than I get on my touchpad. And thats on the same wifi network.

9. Copy and paste works... but it needs more optimization. AS of now its still hit or miss.

10. I don't know what fast is for you but when all my other mobile devices render my calender faster than my overclocked touchpad...... thats a problem.

13. Lets say I am reading an article, and in the 3rd paragraph there's a link that I click, the link takes me to a new page, after I am done with the new page, I hit the back button, the Touchpad browser should take me right back to the 3rd paragraph of the previous page. As of now it reload the page from the top, as if you were never there.
    7 I'm comparing it to Skype on Android and Skype on the PC with an HD-webcam. Both are horrible. I haven't used an iPad, so can't compare. But on Android and desktop even with HD-webcam it's horrible. Haven't tried it on the TP yet .

9 I don't have any problems with it, seriously. So can't comment further on this one.

10 Well, the calendar opens as fast here as on Android Honeycomb. So it could be a bit faster, but if HC opens it just as quick, that only means it's up to par with Android in this case.

13 True. That needs optimized indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    General lags. I have done all the speed patches, turned off logging, etc .

But still, Btrowser is slow....pauses when trying to scroll. Same issue with email.

Also, Fix the volume issue. It mysteriously shuts down (though a quick tap of the volume up/down key seems to restore it).
    It's fast as hell here.
    Browser doesn't pause when trying to scroll, not even when the page is still loading.
    No problems with e-mail either, although getting my Live Mail via Exchange is slow. They need to make it without Exchange.

Yes, the volume-issue. But that is a PulseAudio upstream-issue. It happens on Ubuntu too sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    I forgot this one!
    This is a big one for me, I have been late twice now because the alarm clock is screwy.
    Updated my OP to show this.
    Not too bash or defend, but that happened to me on Android Honeycomb too a few times.
    No mention of the poor WiFi performance? My TP barely even works on my work wifi.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    Improving support for Enterprise wireless networks so people don't have to mess around with shell scripts and/or certificate files would be great as well.
    I have trouble with this too - my TP just doesn't like my work's wireless network. Usually I need to reboot it whenever I change locations (and, I assume, it needs to sync to a different AP). This is the only real point of frustration with my TP, otherwise it's great.
    the biggest issue I have is how they decided to move the volume indicator from the unobtrusive button of the screen to the apple style dead center of the freaking screen. It just drives me nuts. How many television sets have the volume indicator in the middle of the screen? Why did they decide to change it to the middle of the screen on 3.x? Please put it back at the buttom!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by black19 View Post
    Same here
    This is my #1 issue. #2 issue is that bookmarks are stored as url-encoded and thus may not work when that URL has lots of parms. I can't believe the web browser in a webOS can't even get the basics working.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmitch View Post
    . Browser should have ability to return to my spot when I go back a page.
    Works fine here.

Ok, I can't get browser to return to the previous spot. It will return to the previous page, but not the previous area or post on that page. It does not work on advanced browser either. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    netflix is pretty much the only tHing that I think could make this awesome device better
    Gotta have a browser that remembers your place though, that is a must. Also, how about a fix so my sound doesn't spontaneously stop every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    WebOS, since the first Pre, has never gotten the clock alarms or other time keeping functionalities right.

Most basic of programming, and its never been reliable.
    Most basic? Well, not really, but not the hardest by any means.

I'd like to see hard numbers on alarm failures, because I have never once had an alarm fail to go off, and I use my Pre as an alarm clock daily. I've seen a number of threads complaining about it, but I can't believe I'm just lucky. Lucky is one thing I am not.

Another one is the sound - I've never had my sound quit. I know the fix (restart PulseAudio daemon) but I've never lost sound on my Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    fix proxy support

ridiculous PDF rendering

folders in quickoffice/acrobat

browser optimization

overall speed
    hmm that should be it...
    Heck, folders everywhere! I hate having all of my documents lumped into one gigantic list! Browsing for an image, sound file, video, document - it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

I'd like to see hard numbers on alarm failures, because I have never once had an alarm fail to go off, and I use my Pre as an alarm clock daily. I've seen a number of threads complaining about it, but I can't believe I'm just lucky. Lucky is one thing I am not.

Another one is the sound - I've never had my sound quit. I know the fix (restart PulseAudio daemon) but I've never lost sound on my Touchpad.
    I've had a lot of issues with the audio, but my roomys touchpad has yet to have to do a pulseaudio restart ;;. No idea what I do differently than he does.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

the alarm on the touchpad has some serious bugs... it many times will not make any sound, even if volume is turned up all the way. My pre has a little bit of alarm issues... but touchpad takes the cake.
    the alarm on the touchpad has some serious bugs... it many times will not make any sound, even if volume is turned up all the way. My pre has a little bit of alarm issues... but touchpad takes the cake.
    i think it uses the ringer volume slider rather than the main

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:

I used my Pre2 for about 6 months and never had an issue with the alarm not working or deleting itself when the notification was swiped. Sold it to a friend to fund my Pre 3 and the next day (with his new palm profile) he said the alarm keeps deleting itself! Doctored the phone and problem is still there. Guess I was lucky somehow.
    1. Universal on-screen volume control / restart, shutdown command / nodoze / clear browser cache/cookies
    2. Browser side scroll bar & move top/bottom
    3. GUI customization to resize icons, provide folders and increase categories / launcher icons
    4. Keyboard cut / paste command (existing finger cut/paste takes me forever in browser)
    5. Codec support for more mime types (ogg, etc)
    6. Option to assign specific apps for handling mime types
    7. Bing map search, google map pinch & zoom (with faster refresh)
    8. Bluetooth mouse (not sure if mouse pointer is even possible), BT phone support
    9. Google voice support
    10. App catalog scroll, move top/bottom, toggle on/off/or only 'already-own' apps from list
    11. Clone image of entire TP HD to PC via USB.
    12. Recording app which uses external mic (if headphone jack supports external mics)
    13. Database app, free form, supporting png jpg customizable
    14. Wallpaper app that uses own wallpapers, photos
    15. Support for saving / displaying original size jpg
    16. Touch to transfer files
    17. Upgrade Music app to support folders, song sort/delete/drag/drop, URL streaming, side-bar scrolling, equalizer, visualization.
    18. USB external flash and HD support
    19. Directory browser (I'm using 3rd party ones, but a built-in GUI would be nice)
    20. On-screen master volume control slider (again)
    Only one thing I would add: Make Wi Fi connections more stable.

(I still have lots of connection drops with my home routers. Suspect this is driver issue and an issue of support for a variety of different types/manufactures/chip sets. )
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    1. Universal on-screen volume control / restart, shutdown command / nodoze / clear browser cache/cookies
    -Could be handy.

2. Browser side scroll bar & move top/bottom
    -Could be handy, though not important enough IMHO. Compatibility with websites is more of an issue.

3. GUI customization to resize icons, provide folders and increase categories / launcher icons
    -That can be done with a few patches from Preware and I opt it not neccesary for an official OTA.

4. Keyboard cut / paste command (existing finger cut/paste takes me forever in browser)
    -Could be handy.

6. Option to assign specific apps for handling mime types
    -Device Info>>>menu>>>Default Applications

7. Bing map search, google map pinch & zoom (with faster refresh)
    -Already possible, except for Google

8. Bluetooth mouse (not sure if mouse pointer is even possible), BT phone support
    -BT mouse not possible yet?

9. Google voice support
    -Not neccesary for an officlal OTA IMHO.

10. App catalog scroll, move top/bottom, toggle on/off/or only 'already-own' apps from list
    -Now that is needed.

11. Clone image of entire TP HD to PC via USB.
    -Is that really nessecary for the casual end-user?

12. Recording app which uses external mic (if headphone jack supports external mics)
    -Voice Recorder does that.

13. Database app, free form, supporting png jpg customizable
    -Yep.

14. Wallpaper app that uses own wallpapers, photos
    -Ehm, you can set that via the Photos-app?

16. Touch to transfer files
    -Could you explain that a bit more?

17. Upgrade Music app to support folders, song sort/delete/drag/drop, URL streaming, side-bar scrolling, equalizer, visualization.
    -Yep, needed.

19. Directory browser (I'm using 3rd party ones, but a built-in GUI would be nice)
    -Yep, needed.

20. On-screen master volume control slider (again)
    -Could be handy, but unlike Android-tablets, the buttons on the TP are actually easy to press.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast