Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Koiji412
  • 2 Post By arcticrobot
  • 1 Post By reverendzj
  • 1 Post By andymac85
  1.    #1  
    I was one of many that got swept into that OnSale fiasco. Fortunately, I was also one that got in on their "make it up to you" event.

http://www.precentral.net/onsale-can...chance-get-one

Well, I found out a detail or two some of you may be wondering. On the shipment box (from HP to OnSale; not from OnSale to me...that was in another, larger box [ugh]), the shipment sticker gives two nice details (for those that may care):

1) Remember how OnSale said they were "working closely with HP to secure new units just for their customer. Well apparently, it was quite direct as it came straight from Shanghai.

2) On the very bottom, it lists that mine is #305 out of 1500.
    Of course it's possible that OnSale received a second shipment past this 1500, but at least we know they received that many.
    Last edited by Koiji412; 09/30/2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: revision
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    That is very interesting indeed. Thanks for the 'insider' information on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    That is very interesting indeed. Thanks for the 'insider' information on this.
    I hope other 1500 'insiders' will not create new posts about getting their touchpads.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    c000 and bbfanatic20 like this.
    mine is on the way, there was a little lay over in vernon.:-) I can't wait, it'll be going up on CL faster than it takes you to read this sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
    I hope other 1500 'insiders' will not create new posts about getting their touchpads.
    Why would that be?

I hope the other 1500 people do create posts. I like seeing people geeked up and excited about the TP and WebOS, and if they want to post on a public message board, more power to 'em.

Don't want to read a post? Don't click on it.
    jblather likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    just gunks up the forum even more...post in the thread about onsale making good on their orders.
    sjjones likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    I was one of many that got swept into that OnSale fiasco. Fortunately, I was also one that got in on their "make it up to you" event.

http://www.precentral.net/onsale-can...chance-get-one

Well, I found out a detail or two some of you may be wondering. On the shipment box (from HP to OnSale; not from OnSale to me...that was in another, larger box [ugh]), the shipment sticker gives two nice details (for those that may care):

1) Remember how OnSale said they were "working closely with HP to secure new units just for their customer. Well apparently, it was quite direct as it came straight from Shanghai.

2) On the very bottom, it lists that mine is #305 out of 1500.
    Of course it's possible that OnSale received a second shipment past this 1500, but at least we know they received that many.
    Mine was number 667 out of 1,000 so it would seem that at a minimum there was a batch of 1,000 and another of 1,500
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    its kind of puzzling the low number count. from what i read there were 10s of thousands of orders. but that could have been multiple orders from each person. since they limited it to 1 per person, maybe thats why the number is so low. just speculation on my part
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    just gunks up the forum even more...post in the thread about onsale making good on their orders.
    No, I agree this kind of thing can junk up the forum. But I wasn't posting this just to say "Hey, I got mine! They delivered!"
    While happy that something came from that situation, I sharing my thoughts on the potential number of units that OnSale was able to secure from HP -- some people were very curious how many units HP reserved for them, and the fact that it shipped almost directly from the factory may indicate the production timeline of these new units.
    HP employees are just getting theirs; OnSale customers are getting theirs; so the public units should be ready any day now.
    And like the other guy said, if you don't like it, don't click on it.
    Hey, my box said a number bellow 100 (like 83 or something) out of 5000 from onsale and straight from Shanghai.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    No, I agree this kind of thing can junk up the forum. But I wasn't posting this just to say "Hey, I got mine! They delivered!"
    While happy that something came from that situation, I sharing my thoughts on the potential number of units that OnSale was able to secure from HP -- some people were very curious how many units HP reserved for them, and the fact that it shipped almost directly from the factory may indicate the production timeline of these new units.
    HP employees are just getting theirs; OnSale customers are getting theirs; so the public units should be ready any day now.
    And like the other guy said, if you don't like it, don't click on it.
    that's fine and well, but no reason to make a separate thread, really. enjoy your touchpad.