Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Have owned the TouchPad for about 7 weeks and flat out love it. Disappointed in HP for giving up so quickly. As someone who has used iOS devices for close to 3 years, it only took me about 10 minutes to like webOS better...amazing.

1) After synergy gathered all my contacts, I had to split some that did not belong together and merge a few that were under different names (say one under real name, another one under a nickname). Is there any way I can sync that new contact list back to my palm profile so that I do not have to go through this again if I ever need to restore my TouchPad??

2) Is there anyway to pass that new updated contact list to my Veer without me having to manually split and merge contacts??

3) Will the Veer ever get the capability to send text messages to TouchPad? Right now I can make and receive calls from Tablet but no texts.

4) Is it possible to write an app/patch to sync an android phone to the Touchpad to at least make and receive calls from the tablet?

5) About the browser... Is there a patch or a browser that will allow me to move the youtube slider back and forth to rewind and forward manually?

6) How about a youtube app/client?
    Quote Originally Posted by ffontan View Post
    Have owned the TouchPad for about 7 weeks and flat out love it. Disappointed in HP for giving up so quickly. As someone who has used iOS devices for close to 3 years, it only took me about 10 minutes to like webOS better...amazing.

1) After synergy gathered all my contacts, I had to split some that did not belong together and merge a few that were under different names (say one under real name, another one under a nickname). Is there any way I can sync that new contact list back to my palm profile so that I do not have to go through this again if I ever need to restore my TouchPad??

2) Is there anyway to pass that new updated contact list to my Veer without me having to manually split and merge contacts??

3) Will the Veer ever get the capability to send text messages to TouchPad? Right now I can make and receive calls from Tablet but no texts.

4) Is it possible to write an app/patch to sync an android phone to the Touchpad to at least make and receive calls from the tablet?

5) About the browser... Is there a patch or a browser that will allow me to move the youtube slider back and forth to rewind and forward manually?

6) How about a youtube app/client?

1) The contacts should be backed up to your profile automatically. I believe it will keep the associations you fixed as well.

2) There was a patch that would email your contacts so you could import them somewhere else. I don't see one for the TouchPad though, so it looks like you're out of luck.

3) The Veer was supposed to get that ability with an update, but who knows if that update will come now. Keep your fingers crossed.

4) There's a thread about pairing an Android phone with the TouchPad. I think it's hit and miss depending on which particular phone you have.

5) You shouldn't need a patch, if I understand you right. The problem is you have to double-tap on the video to enter 'flash input' mode, where you can then use the flash controls and slider. After you double-tap, you'll see the message "Tap outside the window or pinch to zoom to exit" or something to that effect.

6) YouTube works just fine in the browser for me, no need for an app here.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    1) The contacts should be backed up to your profile automatically. I believe it will keep the associations you fixed as well.

2) There was a patch that would email your contacts so you could import them somewhere else. I don't see one for the TouchPad though, so it looks like you're out of luck.

3) The Veer was supposed to get that ability with an update, but who knows if that update will come now. Keep your fingers crossed.

4) There's a thread about pairing an Android phone with the TouchPad. I think it's hit and miss depending on which particular phone you have.

5) You shouldn't need a patch, if I understand you right. The problem is you have to double-tap on the video to enter 'flash input' mode, where you can then use the flash controls and slider. After you double-tap, you'll see the message "Tap outside the window or pinch to zoom to exit" or something to that effect.

6) YouTube works just fine in the browser for me, no need for an app here.
    thanks. I greatly appreciate your help.