1.    #1  
    I recently purchased an HP CP1025NW color laserjet printer and my touchpad will not print to it. When I go into the printer manager the touchpad automatically detected the printer but when I try and print I get the error message "this printer is currently not supported. Please select or add another printer"

I've talked to HP support 2 times now and they have been no help at all. None of their suggestions worked and they ended up blaming the problem on the fact I have preware installed on my touchpad. I think preware is not the cause of this problem though.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Unfortunately that printer does not support the TouchPad (or vice-versa). You need a printer that renders the page on the printer. The Specs sheet for the cp1025nw states: Print Languages - Host Based. This means the host must render the page and the TouchPad is currently not capable of doing that.

There is a homebrew solution whereby you install some software on your PC that emulates the proper printer, but I haven't any experience with it.
    how do you get the IP of ur printer to set it up?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Unfortunately that printer does not support the TouchPad (or vice-versa). You need a printer that renders the page on the printer. The Specs sheet for the cp1025nw states: Print Languages - Host Based. This means the host must render the page and the TouchPad is currently not capable of doing that.

There is a homebrew solution whereby you install some software on your PC that emulates the proper printer, but I haven't any experience with it.
    Thanks for the response. HP support told me "Your device supports printing on all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local
    LAN" and supposedly this printer does qualify from what they told me. I take it they are incorrect? (That wouldn't surprise me as they don't seem to know much)
    Hi,
    I have the Touchpad (original FW) and the CP1025nw and exactly the same problem. Called HP printers support, she asked me to update the FW in the printer (I had May version while the latest one was from Aug) and said that this update should fix the issue as it adds ePrint and some other improvements. In the end it did not work even after update, so I am going to call on Mon and ask to be transferred to Cloud Support as it looks like they know about the tablets.

Funny thing is that the iPad2 works very well with this printer but HP's tablet does not!

Well, we took a chance purchasing a discontinued product, I can live even without printing from it but I would be happy if this issues is fixed so I am going to call HP.
    Well until you get a fix from HP, if ever, the solution in thread "Printing to any printer using the Touchpad (solution!)" had worked very well for me, allowing me to print to both a brother MFC-440CN and an ancient (but reliable & excellent quality if slow) HP Laserjet 4.
    I realized that using ePrint offers a woraround for this problem. Just update the firmware on the printer to the August version, go to the printers web interface using its IP address, enable ePrint from the last tab on right, then it will print a page wiht instructions. Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tudopatroi View Post
    I realized that using ePrint offers a woraround for this problem. Just update the firmware on the printer to the August version, go to the printers web interface using its IP address, enable ePrint from the last tab on right, then it will print a page wiht instructions. Good luck.
    Setting up ePrint worked! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Well until you get a fix from HP, if ever, the solution in thread "Printing to any printer using the Touchpad (solution!)" had worked very well for me, allowing me to print to both a brother MFC-440CN and an ancient (but reliable & excellent quality if slow) HP Laserjet 4.
    Thanks Texas I will try sometime this solution too as I have an old laptop on all the time (for Skype) and a second Brother printer.
    I have an old HP C7280 printer, I just put the printer IP address in the touchpad ( under printers) and have no problem printing