Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    What have HP thinked on doing that? - or all the 3. party App programmer...

I use my pad in the ORIGINAL HP Case, standing a little bit higher on speaker side, home button left - this is nice for handling in surfing, games etc.

...BUT:
    a lot of games - and the original movie player too!! - rotate in the wrong direction and only in this - I must rotate the Pad to home button to the right, but then, the screen dosnt look to me ... what for a damn **** is this!?

Is there a patch or so, that all Apps rotate in all directions? I can't believe that no one else is frustrated about this!
    i believe this is a programming issue. it might just be the programmer preferred their application show one way, without the need for implementing multiple views in their code.

im sure the webos SDK has the functions to support what youd like. i mean you said it yourself, other apps are able to adjust based on the orientation of the device.

my guess anyway.
    There are two speakers, one for left sound and another for right sound... Maybe this is related...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

my 2 cents:

The device is designed to operated with the speakers down firing, which makes a huge improvement in sound.

It is also designed so that it can (miraculously) charge wirelessly through two layers of the folio case (case and flap folded behind it.

...And with the swipe-up-from-bottom-edge advanced gesture, you never have to push the home button anyway.

IMHO

LinuxKoss and stickerboy like this.
    yes the reason why it rotates the "wrong way" is because like the other post said there is a left and right speaker and when watching videos and certain apps and games its forced to display that way so the sound is correct
    Agreed. It's not a flaw; It was designed to have the speakers facing down.
  7.    #7  
    ok, but i don't care if the right speaker is right or left - thats not truly a problem! If someone really hears that it is wrong - the n they can flip the device! (for example for a long video)

But when I'm nicely surfing the web and playing with my device with the (original!) Case, it can't be, that if i open a app or play a short video, I must rotate my device 180 to see anything!

... and then my case is bad, and i must open it - otherwise the screen don't look to me...

Thats really not thinked to end! - and I can't understand this.
    Its designed so that when your using your touchpad the speakers face you. Why would you want the speakers facing away from you when audio is playing? Each individual app creator would have to go in and change their individual code to make their apps switch orientation. They lock it speaker side down.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I think the original poster's point was that the case is designed for an orientation opposite to that touchpad itself. I don't have an original HP case so I can't verify that.
    I am annoyed as well but I can see why it was made that way. The problem is that I got used to left. I am slowly trying to get used to right hand home button.

And PP thanks for the tip, I had no idea I could swipe up instead of hitting hte home button!!! sooo koool!!! i have so much to learn!
    You'll find the upswipe replacing the home button for most tasks.
    you must have your case standing backwards. The speakers always point down or towards the user for standing up for videos and laying down for keyboard use.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Do you know how many times I've tried to "upswipe" my iPhone and iPad recently? Apple could take a cue (or card) from webOS
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    btw, it's not so much about right and left speakers, it's that they fire down on to a hard surface (such as a desk) which makes it sound richer and distributes it more widely. Same reason my HDTV has its speakers on the bottom, facing down.

no point in having the great audio capability of the touchpad and cripple it by the wrong orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    you must have your case standing backwards. The speakers always point down or towards the user for standing up for videos and laying down for keyboard use.
    THIS ^^^

The original HP case STANDS and LAYS DOWN from the same position. The standard webOS landscape position is ALWAYS with the home button on the right. The part of ten cover with the Velcro is perpendicular to the screen when it is laying down in "typing" mode. There IS an instruction paper included for a reason.
  16.    #16  
    Sorry for my bad english, I think most of you don't understand how I use my Touchpad.

This is my favorite position: http://www2.pcmag.com/media/images/2...ping-angle.jpg

I love it to use the Touchpad so/in this angle - but here the home button is left and the speakers on top - thats all no problem for me, because if i want a good sound i can turn it round.

But the problem is, that in this (my favorite position) all little damn games are turned wrong and if I play a short video, this is also turned wrong - sound dosnt matter for a little look in a video! But - and that is wondering - the music player app accepts this position with the speakers on top and plays the "bad" audio. But Videos and "bing-bing" games won't and turn in the wrong direction.

I must then always turn my device 180 and then the screen don't looks to me, it looks away - and that is very frustrating to me
    resist the temptation to use the TP in that position... Notice how there's nothing supporting the TP when you use it like that? You're putting pressure on the case in a place that wants to peel the case from the TP.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I fully agree with maccox - I also hate to turn the touchpad by 180 from time to time. I think all application should work in all directions, the user should decide, how he wants to use an application, not the application.

If I watch a short clip I don't care about sound quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by maccox View Post
    Sorry for my bad english, I think most of you don't understand how I use my Touchpad.

This is my favorite position: http://www2.pcmag.com/media/images/2...ping-angle.jpg

I love it to use the Touchpad so/in this angle - but here the home button is left and the speakers on top - thats all no problem for me, because if i want a good sound i can turn it round.

But the problem is, that in this (my favorite position) all little damn games are turned wrong and if I play a short video, this is also turned wrong - sound dosnt matter for a little look in a video! But - and that is wondering - the music player app accepts this position with the speakers on top and plays the "bad" audio. But Videos and "bing-bing" games won't and turn in the wrong direction.

I must then always turn my device 180 and then the screen don't looks to me, it looks away - and that is very frustrating to me

Uh, we're obviously not communicating effectively due to language differences so I'll put in a visual aide.

Your case should be like this in typing mode, Velcro flap 90 to the screen, home button on the right. Everything works perfectly as designed by HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Uh, we're obviously not communicating effectively due to language differences so I'll put in a visual aide.

Click to view quoted image

Your case should be like this in typing mode, Velcro flap 90 to the screen, home button on the right. Everything works perfectly as designed by HP.
    Yes, you are exactly right.

OP - As our apple friends can understand...

You are holding it wrong.
    Last edited by LinuxKoss; 10/01/2011 at 06:11 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast