1.    #1  
    Hi

If anyone has connection issue to wifi with TP, In wifi setting if you see 2 DNS entry, please update empty DNS entry with 8.8.8.8 and press done.

I spent 3 hours with support and finally they told me the solution. so just add 8.8.8.8 Ip address to last DNS entry if its blank.

Finally its all worked with internet security.

Thanks
    Mangesh
    is this when you are tethering?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Mine says 75.75.75.75

What will really irritate you is I have Network Magic. Every few minutes it says HP TouchPad is online.

I am still searching for the answer. I have a Zyxel 550N. I noticed the iPad 2 forum suffers the same thing. A lot of them took their iPads back and some of them resolved the situation with a new iPad. Some resolved it with a new Router.
    Quote Originally Posted by mangesh View Post
    Hi

If anyone has connection issue to wifi with TP, In wifi setting if you see 2 DNS entry, please update empty DNS entry with 8.8.8.8 and press done.

I spent 3 hours with support and finally they told me the solution. so just add 8.8.8.8 Ip address to last DNS entry if its blank.

Finally its all worked with internet security.

Thanks
    Mangesh

where exactly do I do this? it isnt clear. it's on the TP right? otherwise, my next guess would be on the wi-fi router.

thanks
    It didn't fix my dropping connection problem. And you can't do it if you have "automatice IP settings" on.

You do it in the WiFi app when you set up the connection or when you turn "automatic IP settings" off. (and leave it off) However, the network server won't play nice when it is configured to assign IP addresses.

in other words, you can only alter the DNS entry when the net server does not assign IP addresses. That is not a recommended network configuration for inexperienced. You have to go to each device on the network and assign a unique IP address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    you can only alter the DNS entry when the net server does not assign IP addresses. That is not a recommended network configuration for inexperienced. You have to go to each device on the network and assign a unique IP address.
    I'm sorry to have to correct you but that last statement isn't accurate. You can turn "Automatic IP Settings" off on the Touchpad and assign a static ip to the Touchpad without changing anything on the router and without any impact to the other devices on the network.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    You can turn "Automatic IP Settings" off on the Touchpad and assign a static ip to the Touchpad without changing anything on the router and without any impact to the other devices on the network.
    Mostly true. But if you do, make sure the IP you give your TP doesn't conflict with the IP addresses your router is handing out. Otherwise you could introduce a whole different reason for funky network connectivity issues.

-M
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I don't know if this will help, but I noticed that my dhcp server was giving 24 hour leases. I changed it to 4 hours so the TouchPad renews the lease every two hours. The TouchPad seems to be happier with that.

Then again, I found some other weird stuff on my network that I fixed around the same time. I was having some VOIP issues. I found my two VOIP units were advertising the same MAC address! I also moved the 5Ghz channel on the router further away from my 5GHz cordless phone's frequency.

At this time, my TouchPad (and phones) have been working almost flawlessly on the network.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad