Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I brought my 16GB from Arrons for $144 + tax. At some stores, they let you buy it outright for $179 and even gave a 20% discount for doing so. Unfortunately most stores refuse to sell them without the the laptop bundle.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    This is not an issue of smarts - it is about cooperate greed and taking advantage of poor people - Many of whom who might not have any idea of the TP's true pricing. Aaron's cater to impoverished people who are looking to immediately meet their furnishing needs, without the benefit of good credit or expendable cash flow; here Aaron's are locateded most economically disadvantaged neighborhoods -

It just so happens, that I called two of these places weeks ago - I repeatedly asked if they knew that their monthly cost was, in fact, the cost of the entire product. During the second call, I spoke with a younger guy, and I mentioned that I was considering contacting the local news station about this type of exploitation. He said that he understood, what I was saying - and it is why Aaron's was no longer selling them because they were discontinued.

There is nothing funny about this at all, actually. And I only hope that enough people see this for what it is, and do not give these people their money.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    There is nothing funny about this at all, actually. And I only hope that enough people see this for what it is, and do not give these people their money.
    Things like this make me sick.
    The extent to which people are preyed upon.
    If the TouchPad is selling for around $99-300 (Firesale / eBay prices), comparing what they are trying to get for the TouchPad and what they are trying to get for the couches.. how **** are they?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12