1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I downloaded mp4 and m4v videos and movies from the Mac to HP Touchpad,
    But they won't play.
    Does anyone have a solution for this?
    Thanks,

Zee
    vasilmann likes this.
    I use Kalemsoft media player on mine seems to be working fine.
    Kalemsoft configured and pointed at a nas share that is.
    your question is a little vague. When you say they don't play, I take it to mean that you can find them in your photos/videos app but nothing happens when you tap on them. What size files are they, did you download them from iTunes, and if so are they copyright free?

the mp4 should definitely play, and I've heard that you can rename the m4v to mp4 to get it to play. Have you tried any other video players?
    i have had the same issue and have found that a restart, power and toggle button, then wait for it to restart usually takes care of the issue. This is a permanent solution but a work around. I am not sure why the touchpad has issues but it does. I am a user that came from the iPad 2 to this device thus understand your issue, if had movies on an apple device.

glad I am not the only one out there
  5.    #5  
    yes I can find the videos but when I click on them they won't play.
    I have short videos and couple of movies.
    No copyright videos.
  6.    #6  
    I'll try to reboot it and then see if it will play.
    I didn't try to watch any videos until after I loaded touchplayer from preware which seems to work fine.
    Are the videos made with Handbrake or downloaded from iTunes. I can't play any videos downloaded from iTunes since even though they end in .M4V there are still DRM issues. However anything I've made with Handbrake on my Mac works fine.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee001 View Post
    I'll try to reboot it and then see if it will play.
    So, any luck?

If not, I think it's time to call in support.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    Are the videos made with Handbrake or downloaded from iTunes. I can't play any videos downloaded from iTunes since even though they end in .M4V there are still DRM issues. However anything I've made with Handbrake on my Mac works fine.
    Gonna bump an old thread cause its relevant.

I used Handbrake to make movies and they wont play and wont show up in my Pics and Videos no matter what i do. I followed the guide found on here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Gonna bump an old thread cause its relevant.

I used Handbrake to make movies and they wont play and wont show up in my Pics and Videos no matter what i do. I followed the guide found on here too.

I found issues with pictures i added not showing up and a quick search here taught me that it was an issue with the indexer. If you connect your TP to your laptop via USB and then disconnect without ejecting (and yes, you'll get the "ouch that hurts" message will force an index. Worked for me - i can see all my pictures now.

Also, if you want to play non MP4's, just stump up for kalemsoft media player. I have used it from Day 1 and its brilliant.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    sledge007 likes this.