Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I just bought a touchpad off craigslist for $160... Which is an amazing deal. I know I could sell it on ebay for a little over $200, but I'm thinking it might just be worth keeping it to play with. I especially am interested in hacking android onto it.. What should I do?
    If you're keeping it because at some point in the future you might be able to put Android on it, then you should sell it and get yourself a true Android tablet.

If you think you're into webOS, you should keep it.

If you don't know webOS, use it for a few days ... but only if you want to keep it. Because you'll want to.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Up to you but I would keep it

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Yes.
  5.    #5  
    I have a Sprint FrankenPre 2.. I love webOS.. But I would also love to make an extra $50.. I just read that Amazon video streaming is possible on the Touchpad. Can anybody confirm this, because if this is true, then I will definitely keep it.
    For that price keep it!

Android will eventually get on there too.. and that's arguably more than the extra $50's worth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    I have a Sprint FrankenPre 2.. I love webOS.. But I would also love to make an extra $50.. I just read that Amazon video streaming is possible on the Touchpad. Can anybody confirm this, because if this is true, then I will definitely keep it.
    well I just went to amazon and tried a free movie and it works so I'm sure the paid ones work also. Hd looks great on it. I just wish there was a netflix app
    keep it
  9.    #9  
    okay, I decided to keep it. I opened it, and I love it!
    jblather, taxi and DivineArch like this.
    ugghhhh
    Yipeee!

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I'm thinking more and more of just selling my Touchpad when HP finally decides to send me one. My thinking is that I have a laptop, HTPC, and a high end Android phone. The logical side of me is thinking to just sell it(plus the touchstone and fusion backing) for a decent price and then buy myself the new $99 kindle. I really wanted the Touchpad as an ereader but I like the E-ink better for reading.

The techy/geek part of me wants to keep it just to see what I can do with it. My Android runs CM7 with Tasker app automating many of my functions and I customize the #*$% out of the thing about bi-weekly. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but leaning towards "I don't need another device that just gives me redundancy on what I already own".
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    So I just bought a touchpad off craigslist for $160... Which is an amazing deal. I know I could sell it on ebay for a little over $200, but I'm thinking it might just be worth keeping it to play with. I especially am interested in hacking android onto it.. What should I do?
    you pay ebay % of price... its not worth it bro... keep it.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    keep it.
    'Orkavic' already has!
    Up to you. Also got Amazon Prime Instant Video working.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I'm thinking more and more of just selling my Touchpad when HP finally decides to send me one. My thinking is that I have a laptop, HTPC, and a high end Android phone. The logical side of me is thinking to just sell it(plus the touchstone and fusion backing) for a decent price and then buy myself the new $99 kindle. I really wanted the Touchpad as an ereader but I like the E-ink better for reading.

The techy/geek part of me wants to keep it just to see what I can do with it. My Android runs CM7 with Tasker app automating many of my functions and I customize the #*$% out of the thing about bi-weekly. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but leaning towards "I don't need another device that just gives me redundancy on what I already own".
    Depends on where you're going to read it. If you are going to read outdoors and you like paperback sized books then go for the kindle. If you prefer magazines/comics/texbook-sized reading then the 10" screen excels over my nook color for reading (indoors--couch/bedroom/bathroom surfing).

If Amazon had released a color e-ink then this discussion would be over before it even began
  18.    #18  
    the kindle reader on this thing is awesome! I love the screen size, and everything runs very smooth... Definitely glad I kept it.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You are asking people on this forum? Of course everyone will say to keep it.
    @OP
    Keep it, webos is great.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast