1.    #1  
    Please could someone explain in lay terms how I gain access to the Preware catalogue.

I have tried to comprehend the instructions on this site
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

but cannot install the WebOS Quick Install v4.2.3 Program.

Using the Installing Preware with the standalone installer method:
    When I click on the Hotspot to verify Java Version, it fails. I suspect because it is expecting a Windows OS and Internet Explorer Browser.

Proceeding to install the WebOSQuickinstall-4.2.3.jar program gives me a message box saying "Cannot open MIME type"

.... I am now lost!

Do I need a Windows Computer to install this? I don't want to develop Apps so don't want to install SDK on my Windows Computer if I don't have to.

Is there a simple method to get access to the Preware Catalogue for the TouchPad?
    You should check out http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html it tells you everything you need to know about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Please could someone explain in lay terms how I gain access to the Preware catalogue.

I have tried to comprehend the instructions on this site
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

but cannot install the WebOS Quick Install v4.2.3 Program.

Using the Installing Preware with the standalone installer method:
    When I click on the Hotspot to verify Java Version, it fails. I suspect because it is expecting a Windows OS and Internet Explorer Browser.

Proceeding to install the WebOSQuickinstall-4.2.3.jar program gives me a message box saying "Cannot open MIME type"

.... I am now lost!

Do I need a Windows Computer to install this? I don't want to develop Apps so don't want to install SDK on my Windows Computer if I don't have to.

Is there a simple method to get access to the Preware Catalogue for the TouchPad?
    It does say pretty clearly that you install WebOSQuickinstall on your computer and then connect your WebOS device. Just read it carefully.