1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link....
    take care,

Jay

This is what Windows 8 looks like on the HP TouchPad (remote desktop)

This is what Windows 8 looks like on the HP TouchPad (remote desktop) - Liliputing

Windows 8 will be the first full version of Windows to support ARM-based processors as well as x86 chips. Itís not yet clear what the minimum specifications will be, or if youíll be able to easily load Windows 8 on an existing ARM-based tablet such as the Apple iPad, Motorola XOOM, or HP TouchPad. But now that HP has discontinued the TouchPad (and sold off remaining inventory for prices as low as $99), thereís a lot of interest in installing alternate operating systems on the tablet.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    This makes me want to use SplashTop.

But...I wish there was a real Remote Desktop (aka RDC aka RDP aka TS) client for webOS.

Anyways, this, along with the preview of windows 7.5 Mango (The Competition: Windows Phone 7.5 Mango | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net), attracts me to the Windows Mobile platforms.
    Windows has always been a space hog. Does anyone know how much disk space Win 8 requires?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Windows has always been a space hog. Does anyone know how much disk space Win 8 requires?

Hi all,

You left out that Windows has always been a resources hog as well as space hog!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

I've got a virtual machine of it running on VMWare that takes up about 8-10GB. That includes a pretty good pile of programs and crap. There will be a more minimal install for the ARM version due to the inherent smaller size of the target platform.

BTW, love Win8 so far, but it absolutely sucks pond water (IMO) without a touchscreen.