Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Only a portion of what's available at Amazon is on free Instant Streaming. Most has to be either purchased or rented, and I'm not sure if purchases can be kept forever.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpike View Post
    Only a portion of what's available at Amazon is on free Instant Streaming. Most has to be either purchased or rented, and I'm not sure if purchases can be kept forever.
    Is that even after your paying their subscrirption fee to be a member?
    I think that purchases and rentals are independent of the Amazon Prime membership.

Also, Amazon is adding on to their Instant Video library all the time, so while it's small now, it's sure to grow in the coming months. They recently announced a streaming deal with Fox, for example.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I just upgraded my student prime, and while the video quality is great, it seems that if you try to seek around in the videos, the video freezes but the audio still plays. Anyone figure out a way around this?
    Happens to me quite often. If you wait a minute or two, the video will catch up to the audio. If all else fails, reload the webpage.

-X
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  5.    #25  
    I just upgraded my student prime, and while the video quality is great, it seems that if you try to seek around in the videos, the video freezes but the audio still plays. Anyone figure out a way around this?
    Seeking on ALL online videos is a problem for me on the TP, especially on YouTube. I am just not able to drag the little knob there. It is a pain!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    Wait, so Amazon video streaming works on the touchpad???
    Amazon prime streaming works great on my Touchpad with no special hacks.

If you want a student edu go sign up for 1 class at community college. Student
    I'D has many other benefits too, student discounts at movies, student bus fare price, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    Seeking on ALL online videos is a problem for me on the TP, especially on YouTube. I am just not able to drag the little knob there. It is a pain!!!
    I only seem to have an issue with amazon. YT playback for me is phenomenal even at 1080.
  8.    #28  
    I only seem to have an issue with amazon. YT playback for me is phenomenal even at 1080.
    I am not talking about playback quality, that is nice - I am talking about seeking - it is very difficult for me to do, the slider just does not move on YouTube. I have to randomly tap a location for it to advance / return to that spot, and it takes multiple taps for that to even happen, and of course, I have no idea where I am going end up because it does not allow me to simply scroll through.
  9. w0z
    Has anyone else had problems with the Amazon Student link? I keep getting the error:

Signup Failed
    Our apologies -- an error occurred while processing your information. It's not you, it's us. Please try again by completing the form below.

...and repeated attempts all fail. My wife already has an Amazon account using her .edu address and is currently enrolled in a class at a school recognized in the signup screen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12