Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doctj
  1.    #1  
    So, when can we get the Amazon Silk on the TouchPad? Speed, need for speed !
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    So, when can we get the Amazon Silk on the TouchPad?
    Never.
    Probably never, not running webOS at least. I doubt Amazon has much interest in webOS at all after what HP has been doing lately.
  4.    #4  
    Well there was a nice update for the TP advance browser, thank you developers for not walking away just yet. Maybe, we will all get lucky and WebOs will live a nice long life. I like it, using it for a while as I have!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorbB View Post
    Well there was a nice update for the TP advance browser, thank you developers for not walking away just yet. Maybe, we will all get lucky and WebOs will live a nice long life. I like it, using it for a while as I have!
    What was in the update?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I'd rather keep my browser, cookie and cache history locally rather than on Amazon's cloud. Invasion of privacy on steroids sold as fractionally increased browsing speed.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    DS_Palm_Lvr likes this.
  7.    #7  
    private browsing, open tabs in background, open action bar, I have been a way so maybe this is old news.
    Not gonna happen. SkyFire, although unlikely, is similar and would be more likely. Especially if the TouchPad gets Android soon.
    As CGK noted: Never.

Silk relies upon Amazon's cloud computing and cloud storage services. Amazon wants to use these services to make the Kindle Fire a tablet superior to other tablets. Therefore, they will not allow Silk to be used on other tablets.
    they should take it one further and put a Silk Browser app on all the major tablet platforms. Maybe make it into some sort of virtual kindle fire app that runs on any tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    I'd rather keep my browser, cookie and cache history locally rather than on Amazon's cloud. Invasion of privacy on steroids sold as fractionally increased browsing speed.
    Agreed, was thinking today I don't know how comfortable I would be with all that stuff. It's bad enough using WiFi, let alone having data processed in yet another area. I am far from paranoid, but it's just one more place in the data stream to have a potential security breach.

private browsing, open tabs in background, open action bar, I have been a way so maybe this is old news.
    Those were all new with todays update. I think there might have been one or 2 other things that were new.

App is coming along nicely and well for the handful of change it cost.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...