Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Titan078
  • 1 Post By nang
  1.    #1  
    Does it bug anyone else? If I use it I almost have to lock the orientation. I have looked at the guides, but no one else seems to be bothered by it.
    brum likes this.
    Yeah it's a little touchy but better than 3.0. I use rotation lock alot but mostly because I like the portrait alignment better. It's not really that big of a deal with me with the update but it can be a little annoying.
  3.    #3  
    I was hoping there was a patch out there that I was missing. Can that even be done?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm with you Titan078, I think that the rotation is too sensitive at times as well. There will be times when I pick up the tablet off of a table, viewing email and just the motion of bringing it up closer to me will often result in a rotation. I wish there was a patch to decrease this as well.
    Sure it could be, there are sensitivity settings somewhere.
  6.    #6  
    We need a bat light for webOS internals or Jason!
    Happens with me as well, I need to look and see if there are indeed any sensitivity settings... I'm a TP newbie.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Yeah it bugs me too. I barely move the touchpad and it goes into landscape mode very easily. I have to enable rotation lock all of the time. They need to fix this annoying issue!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Add me to the list, way too sensitive for me needs to be turn down a bit more.
  10.    #10  
    If it is this bad now I can not imagine what 3.0 was like (got mine from onsale with the update preloaded)
    it seem that that sensitivity issue returned, because after the update you could tell the difference, but now it seems to be back.

Edit: just had a thought(ouch!...lol) about overclocking, prior to the update i hadnt overclocked my device, but i did it a couple weeks after the update came out, so w/ the added speed of the processor, could that possibly have affected the sensitivity, thats me assuming the processor controls the management of the device sensors and response time.

i would experiment(uninstalling the 1.7 kernel) but i dont feel like making the changes to preware(just yet) on my touchpad for the beta-feeds

so if you've already made the change to preware for the new beta-feeds, try uninstalling your overclocked kernel or i guess i could use govnah, but would prefer an unmodified kernel for testing purposes though...so have at it, and let us know....
    Last edited by retroblu; 09/29/2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added overclocking info
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I agree also. Too sensitive. I have to lock orientation at times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    /agree
    Doesn't bother me at all, I am happy with how it rotates now, before 3.02 it was to unresponsive and slow. One reason why WebOS Internals rocks with its patches and mods, lets everyone fine tune their device to their own personal preferences.
    I have a stock touchpad and its waaay to sensitive. It rotates regardless overclock or not. I have an ipad 2 and its rotation is just right and smooth. This touchpad needs a fix, it spins around for no reason like its on crack.
    brum likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all, I am happy with how it rotates now, before 3.02 it was to unresponsive and slow. One reason why WebOS Internals rocks with its patches and mods, lets everyone fine tune their device to their own personal preferences.
    I was hoping for just that. I really thought there would be a rotation sensitivity patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    unresponsive and slow, you must've been one of the lucky ones, i could breathe and the thing would rotate before 3.0.2,
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nang View Post
    I have a stock touchpad and its waaay to sensitive. It rotates regardless overclock or not. I have an ipad 2 and its rotation is just right and smooth. This touchpad needs a fix, it spins around for no reason like its on crack.
    My sentiments exactly, typing this very message on a Pre 3 and experience with my TouchPad - this is a webOS issue. iPad and iPhone get it right so why don't they just work out the calibration settings from them and transfer them. Both devices are either too sensitive or dog slow. Both having frozen halfway rotating on a number of occasions.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go