Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Everything about my touchpad is awesome EXCEPT the browser which to me defeats the purpose of having a tablet PC if this doesnt work correctly. I want to be able to access all websites without it hanging and Id like to be able to play Words with Friends on Facebook WHICH the current browser wont allow. SURELY someone out there is working on a decent browser or porting one from android eg Dolphin Browser? I have tried advanced browser which isnt any better, same browser but has tabs...

Someone super techy, PLEASEEEE develop a better browser. I would totally pay for a decent browser!!!
    spitz62, TPwebOS820 and phil71 like this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misswhitley06 View Post
    SURELY someone out there is working on a decent browser or porting one from android eg Dolphin Browser?
    nope. see http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Everything about my touchpad is awesome EXCEPT the browser which to me defeats the purpose of having a tablet PC if this doesnt work correctly. I want to be able to access all websites without it hanging and Id like to be able to play Words with Friends on Facebook WHICH the current browser wont allow. SURELY someone out there is working on a decent browser or porting one from android eg Dolphin Browser? I have tried advanced browser which isnt any better, same browser but has tabs...

Someone super techy, PLEASEEEE develop a better browser. I would totally pay for a decent browser!!!
    Advanced browser? definitely worth the 2
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    Advanced browser? definitely worth the 2
    I agree.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I agree.
    I have to disagree - I have it, its no better than the stock except it has tabs....ohhh exciting plus...dont worry about the fact that most of the pages you load either WONT load or WONT work how they are meant to!!!
    I have to disagree - I have it, its no better than the stock except it has tabs....ohhh exciting plus...dont worry about the fact that most of the pages you load either WONT load or WONT work how they are meant to!!!
    Yeah, I do not know what happened between yesterday and today, but now only half of m amazon.com pages will load at all, and when I sign in, I get a whole pace of dash rectangles, some layered on top of others - and a page full of amazon buttons above each rectangle. My shopping cart loaded yesterday, but not today. I have tried several times over the last half hour. Logging into THIS site is a chore as of 4 or so days ago. Browsing altogether has just becoming increasingly worse every day. I dunno what's going on.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm shocked by the poor browser reports from some people.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. Yes, my HP TouchPad is not as fast... but it's not that much slower.

Check your network. I read somewhere that the TouchPad is optimized for WPA2, so you need to check your wifi settings on your router.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    my only one gripe about this thread, the title.

I keed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI_Ram View Post

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. Yes, my HP TouchPad is not as fast... but it's not that much slower.

Check your network. I read somewhere that the TouchPad is optimized for WPA2, so you need to check your wifi settings on your router.
    I am not as concerned about the speed, as I am the overall poor browsing experience, which just gets worse everyday. I know it's becoming tedious since I am typing this on my iPhone instead if my TP, which has not even been on since I made my post this morning. I am tired of pages simply not loading now - I did not have to start doing the constant refresh until a week after using it heavily - and now this. I do not know has changed.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I am not as concerned about the speed, as I am the overall poor browsing experience, which just gets worse everyday. I know it's becoming tedious since I am typing this on my iPhone instead if my TP, which has not even been on since I made my post this morning. I am tired of pages simply not loading now - I did not have to start doing the constant refresh until a week after using it heavily - and now this. I do not know has changed.
    I wish I had some advice. You may want to reload the OS, but let others chime in.
    <crosses fingers> - no browser issues here. Precentral, Amazon...everything is loading fine.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI_Ram View Post

It's not that the TouchPad is optimized for WPA2, it's that WPA2 seems to fix some connection issues. In fact, in my own research, it is generally recommended to use WPA2-only with AES to get the best 802.11n speeds for any device, not just the TouchPad.

Count me among those with no browser issues, and I'm back on the stock kernal.
    Same here no browser issues, must be your wifi.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Same here no browser issues, must be your wifi.
    Agreed. It has been an amazingly functional & compatible browser. The few issues I've seen have cleared up with a reset. And I've only reset about 10-12 times since I got it July 5. No complaints. Now email....
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    No issues here, quite impressed after a lot of negative talk.
    I've not had any issues either. I often use my TP to view the net, rather than turn on my lappy and wait an age while it gets itself ready.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    If you are having to refresh constantly, that is a known issue. I don't have the link, but there is a fix on the forums you can do so that the browser doesn't store the cache. If you are having problems like having to refresh a page to see current posts, or forums/other sites not showing you logged in after you have logged in, it will fix those issues.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    If you are having to refresh constantly, that is a known issue. I don't have the link, but there is a fix on the forums you can do so that the browser doesn't store the cache. If you are having problems like having to refresh a page to see current posts, or forums/other sites not showing you logged in after you have logged in, it will fix those issues.
    Well, I typed a response to this more than an hour ago, which was essentially a thank you to you and to say that I know it was never a wifi problem. Interestingly, the Amazon page loaded at 7 am earlier this morning. I have not done anything differently between then and 2 am when it would not load, so who knows what is going on. Anyway, I had to come to my desktop to submit this post, because after I typed up my original response, I had the very log in problems we were talking about - I tried for nearly 20 minutes - with one page showing that I was logged in until I click submit reply, and then I would be asked to log in again. - blah blah blah.. then eventually, I got locked out of my account.

I really am not in the mood to deal with that tablet anymore this morning. Before I set it down, I did find some information, but it seem to be about a phone, that suggests turning of the cookies, then clearing history and cache, and restarting the tablet. I did all of that. I will take a look at a later time to see if it worked.
    the browser's rendering is pretty good but could be better as for the rest of it. . . it needs a lot of work and I agree with the OP, the browser is the major thing that needs to be "killer" for the TP and needs to be fixed asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    Well, I typed a response to this more than an hour ago, which was essentially a thank you to you and to say that I know it was never a wifi problem. Interestingly, the Amazon page loaded at 7 am earlier this morning. I have not done anything differently between then and 2 am when it would not load, so who knows what is going on. Anyway, I had to come to my desktop to submit this post, because after I typed up my original response, I had the very log in problems we were talking about - I tried for nearly 20 minutes - with one page showing that I was logged in until I click submit reply, and then I would be asked to log in again. - blah blah blah.. then eventually, I got locked out of my account.

I really am not in the mood to deal with that tablet anymore this morning. Before I set it down, I did find some information, but it seem to be about a phone, that suggests turning of the cookies, then clearing history and cache, and restarting the tablet. I did all of that. I will take a look at a later time to see if it worked.

Here is the link. There is a patch now it seems so you won't have to do it manually. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ser-cache.html If your actual internet connection is timing out, that's a different issue. If your router is using wpa, you shouldn't have any problems for the most part. If it has an option make sure wps is disabled, from what I've read on the threads of people having issues. I haven't had any problems getting and keeping a connection and my router is just an old cheap b/g belkin. Sometimes changing your channel on your router to 11 will help cut down disconnections, if you're having issues because of wireless interference from other devices.

Edit: may also be forum issues. I'm on my desktop now and this post timed out, even tho it actually posted.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast