webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How do I completely restore the touchpad to factory default (no trace)
How do I completely restore the touchpad to factory default (no trace)

Old 09/28/2011, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all,

I recently did a restore using WebOS Doctor and I was expecting that it will remove everything. However, I noticed that some of my settings still remain. Like the Add Launcher patch that I installed before the doctor (which added "Games" and "Homebrew" launchers). I also noticed that some of my bookmarks are still there and the settings of most of my apps (like kalemsoft, wifi media sync, etc).

I believe the reason behind this is that the data or information are still stored in the USB storage of the TP.

How can I clean the USB folder too? Is it safe to format it in the PC (disk management?) I need to clean everything and start fresh. For some reason, the letter "P" and "backspace" keys are not responding properly. I've got a feeling that it could be a touch screen problem, because when I rotate it, the P and backspace works fine. So If I send it to HP for repair, I don't want them to see that I homebrewed my TP

Thanks!
keplenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

They're a part of your Palm Profile and not on the USB partition. If someone else logs into the TouchPad those settings and things should all revert.

Also, they won't care if you've homebrewed your TouchPad. The only thing that could potentially void a warranty would be a custom kernel and if you've doctored, there's no evidence of that.
FenrirWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: keplenk
Old 09/28/2011, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

they were restored when you logged back in to your profile.

do this:

1. Full secure erase
2. Run webOS doctor
3. Don't log back in
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: keplenk
Old 09/28/2011, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok guys .. I will give it a shot.

This is a very weird issue I'm having right now. It all started when my touchpad decided to auto erase itself without my consent.

This could also be probably caused by my glass separation close to the home button since the backspace and letter p keys are close to the home button.

If I make the keyboard smaller (XS), the keys work fine. So its actually a certain area on the touch screen.

Sadness
keplenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
they were restored when you logged back in to your profile.

do this:

1. Full secure erase
2. Run webOS doctor
3. Don't log back in
Can I ask why you also use the doctor if you do a Full Secure Erase?
jameskelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

erase wipes the USB partition, the doctor reinstalls webos
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0