Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
Like Tree8Likes
  1. tajee's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've noticed a 500% increase in Craigs list postings over the last 24hrs. Where are they all coming from?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tajee View Post
    I've noticed a 500% increase in Craigs list postings over the last 24hrs. Where are they all coming from?
    OnSale.
  3. #3  
    Def onsale I just got my touchpad from onsale today too
  4. #4  
    I think it is also people who bought a crap ton of TPs when they had a chance and now they see the prices starting to drop. So now they figure they better cash in before the "next great thing" hits and people aren't quite so enamored with it.
  5. #5  
    I'm just glad I got all of mine sold last weekend!
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Vanwall likes this.
  6. #6  
    People probably just getting rid of em........realizing it's not all it's cracked up to be. I sold mine.
    BTJepson likes this.
  7. #7  
    And HP employees who are buying them just to flip...
  8. #8  
    Why would you sell it? At the very least you could have kept it and put android on it if you didn't like webos

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    DeadVim likes this.
  9. #9  
    Ill be putting my 32gb on ebay this weekend!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I think it is also people who bought a crap ton of TPs when they had a chance and now they see the prices starting to drop. So now they figure they better cash in before the "next great thing" hits and people aren't quite so enamored with it.
    Yeah, imagine if someone came out with a $199 tablet that offered fast browsing and had a big company behind it that was willing to support it... just think what that could do to Touchpad price expectations.
    BTJepson and muyoso like this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Why would you sell it? At the very least you could have kept it and put android on it if you didn't like webos

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Basically everytime I used it, I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

    Constant lockups while browsing web, slow email app, lack of apps, lack of any future app production... Basically it sat on my desk untouched for days.

    I eventually just got rid of it.

    Just my opinion, if I feel like it, I'm sure I can easily get another. Maybe if it ever gets a fully functional honeycomb port.
    BTJepson likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Why would you sell it? At the very least you could have kept it and put android on it if you didn't like webos

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    $150-200 profit
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    $150-200 profit
    I think that profit would be a stretch. Where I live, there are NIB Touchaps on Craigslist that are only marked-up $60 - $75 dollars that have not sold (assuming the seller removes the ad once the item is sold). Others that are marked up higher, have been there for weeks.

    If your using E-Bay to make the argument, one thing everyone on this board seems to forget is that E-Bay/ Paypal gets around 18% of the take. So those 32gb TP's selling for $260 are only netting a gross sale amout of around $214, a net profit of $64 assuming your original purchase had free shipping and no tax.
    TheIowaKid likes this.
  14. #14  
    Friend sold is first firesale 32GB TP for 275 on CL. So yeah after tax and stuff he proablay made about $100
  15. #15  
    Still-If I had 3 or 4 extras to sell, the profit would pay for my touchpad and my wife's.
  16. DRFP's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    People probably just getting rid of em........realizing it's not all it's cracked up to be. I sold mine.
    Shortsighted it may be HP's fault but a
    patched
    updated
    Touchpad is as good if not better than an Amazon fire tablet at 200
    Amazon has less
    Apps
    Memory
    smaller screen

    for 100 to 50 more

    you can do more with the TP

    so all of you who buy to just flip then buy an Amazon Fire.........WoW really?
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I think it is also people who bought a crap ton of TPs when they had a chance and now they see the prices starting to drop. So now they figure they better cash in before the "next great thing" hits and people aren't quite so enamored with it.
    lolin 2 years a tablet with these specs would sell for at least 150 id be willing to wager. itll be an android onee though.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  18. CGI_Ram's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #18  
    I got 4 TouchPads and sold to friends for 0 profit. We all are enjoying our TouchPads and exchanging stories.

    I've got experience with other tablets, so for the life of me I can't see why people think this tablet isn't worth the price tag. It's pretty darn good. And... WebOS is awesome.

    In another year, sure, it will be out-spec'd. But for now, this is a very competitive tablet compared to what's out there.
    daffy4u likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I think that profit would be a stretch. Where I live, there are NIB Touchaps on Craigslist that are only marked-up $60 - $75 dollars that have not sold (assuming the seller removes the ad once the item is sold). Others that are marked up higher, have been there for weeks.

    If your using E-Bay to make the argument, one thing everyone on this board seems to forget is that E-Bay/ Paypal gets around 18% of the take. So those 32gb TP's selling for $260 are only netting a gross sale amout of around $214, a net profit of $64 assuming your original purchase had free shipping and no tax.
    Dude I just sold something on eBay for 370 and I only got like 14 dollars taken by them. Where on Earth did you get this 18% number from?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Basically everytime I used it, I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

    Constant lockups while browsing web, slow email app, lack of apps, lack of any future app production... Basically it sat on my desk untouched for days.

    I eventually just got rid of it.

    Just my opinion, if I feel like it, I'm sure I can easily get another. Maybe if it ever gets a fully functional honeycomb port.
    Sounds like a way defective unit, considering I and a whole lot of other people haven't had, and don't have, any of those problems--especially the "untouched for days" issue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions