Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    Dude I just sold something on eBay for 370 and I only got like 14 dollars taken by them. Where on Earth did you get this 18% number from?
    I sold an item for $90...after Ebay fees, Paypal fees, and $15 shipping I made under 60.

    18% sounds close to my experience

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I sold an item for $90...after Ebay fees, Paypal fees, and $15 shipping I made under 60.

    18% sounds close to my experience

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    DUDE,

    Just because you decided to offer FREE shipping, doesn't mean that its charged to everyone who sells on eBay.

    I just sold a item there for $60, AND charged the buyer $35 for shipping additionally.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    DUDE,

    Just because you decided to offer FREE shipping, doesn't mean that its charged to everyone who sells on eBay.

    I just sold a item there for $60, AND charged the buyer $35 for shipping additionally.
    If you bothered to do the math, you would see that I didn't include the cost of shipping in my 18%. Calm down.

    If I was smart, I should've charged $70 plus $20 for shipping, then I wouldn't have been charged Ebay or Paypal fees on that $20

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    Dude I just sold something on eBay for 370 and I only got like 14 dollars taken by them. Where on Earth did you get this 18% number from?
    No way that's true. The final value fee alone for an auction is 9%, so 9% of $370 is @$34. If it was a Buy-It-Now type, the final value fee is around $20 for $370. This doesn't include the listing and insertion fees, shipping is assessed at 9% value as well, and PayPal takes it percent. If I could sell items at your stated rate, I would not have cut back on my E-Bay sales.
    Last edited by r_wright1; 09/29/2011 at 10:02 PM.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    People probably just getting rid of em........realizing it's not all it's cracked up to be. I sold mine.
    I'm selling mine right now, too. Had it for less than a week and can't use it. Bought an iPad 2 and now I feel at home. After using the TP for 6 days I realized why HP abandoned it. It just wasn't anywhere near ready.
  6. #26  
    I'm selling mine right now, too. Had it for less than a week and can't use it. Bought an iPad 2 and now I feel at home. After using the TP for 6 days I realized why HP abandoned it. It just wasn't anywhere near ready.

    although like my touchpad, I kind of agree with you. There are so many great things about webOS but, man...its so freaking laggy. And the weaknapp selection sucks. But I'm not going to sell it. I like playing with all of the webOS internals tweaks and I had a pre minus for so long that I missed webOS when I went to my nexus 6 months ago. The touchpad is a nice way for me to stay in he webOS world on the cheap

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Why would you sell it? At the very least you could have kept it and put android on it if you didn't like webos

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Because there are just too many hoarders out there, some of who bought well over 10 touchpads just to sell for a profit. Thats why it makes it more difficult for the average person to find one for the firesale price.
  8. #28  
    And now that Amazon are lurking on the horizon with their cheapo 'tablet', the TP-hoarders are getting twitchy and all selling up now?
  9. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Amazon has less
    Apps
    Memory
    smaller screen

    for 100 to 50 more

    you can do more with the TP

    so all of you who buy to just flip then buy an Amazon Fire.........WoW really?
    The most recent numbers of apps show that Amazon Appstore has 15,000 apps and WebOS catalog just passed 5,000. How can Amazon have less apps when they have 3 times as many as the Touchpad?

    On the "WoW really?" Really, most tablet users just use a tablet to browse, facebook, play games, watch videos, and check email. I'm sure that many in the Touchpad community would love to have the browser from the Fire, or at least Dolphin or the Opera browser which are available in the Amazon Appstore. Who cares about memory if the tablet that is faster has less memory because the software was designed better for the hardware.

    The difference in screen size is a big difference but how many will skip the the Fire because of 3"? Yes, the Touchpad can do more but from the videos, the Fire does some things better and many other things better because of apps that WebOS doesn't have. I haven't seen a single thread saying how great and fast browsing is on the Touchpad but it looks very nice on the Fire.

    How many people need bluetooth, GPS, cameras, etc. I already have a high end Android phone and a laptop that has all of that. People don't need redundancy in all their products. Amazon is hitting the masses with a vast media ecosystem and many more apps. You say more RAM and faster dual core processor and you'll see normal people's eyes glaze over. To them it's about how well it just works without having to tweek and patch and find workarounds for issues. That's why the Ipad and Iphone has sold so well. If specs were the dominant issue, with number of apps and "just works" as secondary then the Iphone and Ipad would be in the firesale situation like HP was in but that's not the real world.
  10. #30  
    Let's keep it on topic please, guys. The topic is the source of TouchPads now being sold. If you would like to discuss comparisons of TouchPads with other tablets, please take it to the Other Tablets Forum. If would would like to discuss eBay fees, please take that discussion to the Off Topic Forum. Thanks.
  11. #31  
    I agree with you that a lot of people are going to grab a 7" Fire and be happy with it for $200 but that's because they either want the more portable form factor or can't afford the step-up to a 10" tablet.

    But that's not the context of the quote you're responding to. He's wondering why someone would sell off a 10" tablet to buy a 7" one. That's a huge downgrade comparing my nook color side by side to my Touchpad (and having used an ipad1 for 8 months before it was stolen the nook color was a poor browser and reader in comparison as a replacement).

    The difference is like comparing a textbook to a paperback. Hands down the 10 inch screen for house bound usage with an edge to the 7" screen for bus/rail riders.

    ***ooops***
    Last edited by sm007h; 09/30/2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: bevcraw's post wasn't present until after I submitted my post
  12. #32  
    In the time I posted my Craigslist ad and sold my last TP last week, 11 other people had posted their's for sale--average price was in the $275 range. During the same time this week, there are 18 up for sale--average price is closer to $250 now.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Basically everytime I used it, I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

    Constant lockups while browsing web, slow email app, lack of apps, lack of any future app production... Basically it sat on my desk untouched for days.

    I eventually just got rid of it.

    Just my opinion, if I feel like it, I'm sure I can easily get another. Maybe if it ever gets a fully functional honeycomb port.
    you either did not install the patches and then overclock your TP or you are making this whole shet up. I can tell you for a fact that I'm using my TP with NO lag and a VERY rare occasional lock up which can easily be fixed with a lunar restart. Mind you that I installed all the recommended patches and overclocking to 1.8ghz using the F15c kernel. The TP is so nice and pleasant to use that I haven't use my Dell Latitude 4300 since got the TP. All these people complaining about TP being slow and buggy, get an iPad and pay$500 or more for it or spend a lil time googling on how to make your TP run faster and smoother.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    you either did not install the patches and then overclock your TP or you are making this whole shet up. I can tell you for a fact that I'm using my TP with NO lag and a VERY rare occasional lock up which can easily be fixed with a lunar restart. Mind you that I installed all the recommended patches and overclocking to 1.8ghz using the F15c kernel. The TP is so nice and pleasant to use that I haven't use my Dell Latitude 4300 since got the TP. All these people complaining about TP being slow and buggy, get an iPad and pay$500 or more for it or spend a lil time googling on how to make your TP run faster and smoother.
    It shouldn't run this slow in the first place. We shouldn't have to patch it and overclock to get a smooth experience. My iPad 1 has better performance than my TouchPad.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    It shouldn't run this slow in the first place. We shouldn't have to patch it and overclock to get a smooth experience. My iPad 1 has better performance than my TouchPad.
    And how much did you pay for your iPad1? Yes, HP should have prepared the TP's software to work with the hardware better before letting it releasing it onto the market place. You do know that HP underclocked the TP's CPU from 1.5ghz down to 1.2ghz to increase battery performance, right? So overclocking it and putting some patches onto a new TP is only make sense, but also easy to do. Think of it as an extra cost for getting a great tablet with a wonderful OS and powerful hardware for dirt cheap. If you anyone is not happy with their TP and refused to do a lil extra work to improve their TP then they can always put it on Ebay or CL and then walk into an Apple store and shell out $500+ for an Ipad2 with the shiny Apple logo on the back.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  16. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    And how much did you pay for your iPad1? Yes, HP should have prepared the TP's software to work with the hardware better before letting it releasing it onto the market place. You do know that HP underclocked the TP's CPU from 1.5ghz down to 1.2ghz to increase battery performance, right? So overclocking it and putting some patches onto a new TP is only make sense, but also easy to do. Think of it as an extra cost for getting a great tablet with a wonderful OS and powerful hardware for dirt cheap. If you anyone is not happy with their TP and refused to do a lil extra work to improve their TP then they can always put it on Ebay or CL and then walk into an Apple store and shell out $500+ for an Ipad2 with the shiny Apple logo on the back.
    You get it and I get it but that's also the reason why it sucked for most people. I like to tinker with my gadgets but most people don't want to have to look online, find patches, walk step by step through a 10 stage process and then add tons of tweeks and patches. If it'd just come out right in the first place then there might not have been a firesale to begin with. If it came out working like it should then the reviews would have been touting it as the rival to Ipad, just without the apps, and it would have sold very well. That didn't happen. What happened was it got mediocre reviews because the lack of apps and the speed of the system.
  17. #37  
    And how much did you pay for your iPad1? Yes, HP should have prepared the TP's software to work with the hardware better before letting it releasing it onto the market place. You do know that HP underclocked the TP's CPU from 1.5ghz down to 1.2ghz to increase battery performance, right? So overclocking it and putting some patches onto a new TP is only make sense, but also easy to do. Think of it as an extra cost for getting a great tablet with a wonderful OS and powerful hardware for dirt cheap. If you anyone is not happy with their TP and refused to do a lil extra work to improve their TP then they can always put it on Ebay or CL and then walk into an Apple store and shell out $500+ for an Ipad2 with the shiny Apple logo on the back.
    Lets be honest here. The touchpad was being offered as a $600+ device... More than the iPad, and it runs NOWHERE near as well as the iPad or any other android tablet I've used or own. Patches or not, the touchpad has some serious optimization issues.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    Lets be honest here. The touchpad was being offered as a $600+ device... More than the iPad, and it runs NOWHERE near as well as the iPad or any other android tablet I've used or own. Patches or not, the touchpad has some serious optimization issues.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I agree completely. The touchpad has terrible touch sensitivity and smoothness. Very hard to use it coming from even android. I can't imagine ios, as it's the smoothest

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  19. llamabox's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI_Ram View Post
    I got 4 TouchPads and sold to friends for 0 profit. We all are enjoying our TouchPads and exchanging stories.

    Good guy CGI_Ram... buys extra Touchpads and sells them to friends at cost.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    And now that Amazon are lurking on the horizon with their cheapo 'tablet', the TP-hoarders are getting twitchy and all selling up now?
    That would be my guess. People bought a bunch during the original fire sale or the QVC sale or whatever on speculation and are dumping them now before they become too forgotten or overshadowed by new entries into the tablet market.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions