1.    #1  
    I am new to the site, new to webos and just plain new all around.

I got everything going on my new touchpad. Overclocked, preware etc etc.

But i notice the wireless connection strength when i try to stream from Amazon Prime is so poor it doesnt even play.

Am i losing it or is there something going on with the wireless in touchpads? Every other device in the house works perfect except this one! Its a uverse router not sure if that matters.

Cheers! and thanks!
    try using a different wifi router at a friends house and see if there is a difference . also is this a g or n router ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    i'm not sure but its a regular 2wire uverse router. Like i said, every wireless device in the house works perfect.

Are there any wireless tweaks that i can do? Something in Preware?
    I think it varies between TPs to be honest. My signal is always rock solid in the same part of the house where my wife's signal is always half strength.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by shane.kelly55 View Post
    i'm not sure but its a regular 2wire uverse router. Like i said, every wireless device in the house works perfect.

Are there any wireless tweaks that i can do? Something in Preware?
    The only wireless tweaks are those you can do on your router. There are some things you can do to speed up downloads and such, but nothing that affects signal strength.

That said, are you sure its a signal strength issue? There are a number of us who have had issues with an intermittent connection. I think it's related to older routers using a draft 802.11n standard' while others think it may be that the chipsets in the TouchPad and certain routers don't play nicely together. Some have said the TouchPad has shoddy wifi hardware, which I personally disagree with. My issue was the TouchPad losing the connection periodically. I changed some settings in my router and everything works great now (including decent browser performance and great ping times). The reason I don't agree with the shoddy hardware is that I have connected my TouchPad to at least 10 different WiFi networks, and my home network was the only one that had a problem.

There are a number of threads on this forum about WiFi issues, I suggest reading through them and then looking at what your TouchPad is doing specifically. Hardware does break, so it could be a radio issue that needs servicing.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    If you stand close to the router does streaming still suck? Signal strength shows strong? If so you might have to play around with router settings. Sometimes just changing the wifi channel helps.