1.    #1  
    I just got my HP Touchpad this evening and I have a couple of questions, I was asked to setup a WebOS account, what is it mainly used for? Also is webOS 3.0 the newest version ? I also noticed the back of the Touchpad gets warm other tablets i had not noticed any warmth.
    I think a WebOS account connects you to HP, so whenever you have a problem with your Touchpad, they can work on it remotely.

3.0.2 is the latest firmware

I've heard that when you put to Touchpads together, they sync to themselves. And it gets warm because of the touchstone feature.
  3.    #3  
    Does my firmware upgrade automatically to the latest version of 3.0.2 or do i need to go into the system updates section to manually update?
    1. You set up a webOS profile. Through this profile, you get access to the app catalog, synergy(synching of email accounts, facebook, calender, etc), and it also keeps track of your apps. If you ever have to erase the TP or use webOS doctor, you will sign in to that account and all your apps will be downloaded again and your accounts will be resynched.

2. Updates are done from the software manager app which you should find under the settings tab of the launcher. 3.0.2 is the nrewest version and you should update to that asap.

Check out this thread to guide you through the process of setting up your touchpad

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    A minor correction - use the System Updates app to get your 3.0.2 download.

Hypothetically, the download and installation will happen automatically at some vague time. It's better to go in and force it to update right then and there. It only takes about 15 minutes to go through the whole process, assuming you've got a decent wireless connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    A minor correction - use the System Updates app to get your 3.0.2 download.

Hypothetically, the download and installation will happen automatically at some vague time. It's better to go in and force it to update right then and there. It only takes about 15 minutes to go through the whole process, assuming you've got a decent wireless connection.
    Yeah your right. Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help I've updated to 3.0.2. I do notice a slight increase in speed on my Touchpad when it changes screens i had not noticed before unless my internet connection was having issues. And when i go into the HP app catalog it loads up with Pivot. Is synergy the envelope at the bottom of the screen where i can setup my email accounts?
    My question is, if you have two touchpads, and you "touch" one to the other, do they sync up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    Thanks for the help I've updated to 3.0.2. I do notice a slight increase in speed on my Touchpad when it changes screens i had not noticed before unless my internet connection was having issues. And when i go into the HP app catalog it loads up with Pivot. Is synergy the envelope at the bottom of the screen where i can setup my email accounts?
    Synergy is a built in function of webOS. There is no synergy app or synergy set up. As you set up your email accounts, facebook, and skype your friends and email contacts are consolidated into your contacts. Fro example if your friend John Smith has a Facebook account, a yahoo email, gmail account, and skype account, Synergy will be able to link all those separate accounts into one contact without you realizing it. If you or a contact changes information online, synergy will change it in touchpad contacts. If you add or delete a friend in facebook, synergy will add or delete them from your contacts. Its not as powerful a feature on the touchpad as on a phone.