1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I just got my TP back from HP, I had to send it in because the screen was messed up. I've got it charging on my TS, been 30 minutes, but still showing the low battery screen I've switched between the TS and another plug to no avail. Any suggestions or just wait it out?
    it takes a while if it was completely dead. Mind did it this morning.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got my TP back from HP, I had to send it in because the screen was messed up. I've got it charging on my TS, been 30 minutes, but still showing the low battery screen I've switched between the TS and another plug to no avail. Any suggestions or just wait it out?

Give it an hour or two, not that it should need that to finally boot but for charging the battery up.

When you want to boot it, hold down the power button and the center home button at the same time until the device restarts. Be patient holding the buttons down, it may take a minute.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    Give it an hour or two, not that it should need that to finally boot but for charging the battery up.

When you want to boot it, hold down the power button and the center home button at the same time until the device restarts. Be patient holding the buttons down, it may take a minute.
    Will holding down the power button and center home button for the restart restore it to factory default settings? Or just turn the touchpad on?
    Quote Originally Posted by phatboyNYC View Post
    Will holding down the power button and center home button for the restart restore it to factory default settings? Or just turn the touchpad on?
    As you cannot physically remove the battery, that simulates the action. If you want to restore to factory settings, you have to use webOS Doctor v3.0.2 found here:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

and follow the instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

to use it.

Home and Power button together should ONLY be used as a last resort and not as a regular way to restart your TouchPad. (same as you don't just turn the power off on your PC at home, you select Shut Down or Restart).
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phatboyNYC View Post
    That'll just turn it on. To restore to factory you'll have to go to device manager and select reset options, and then select 'erase apps & data'. Be sure any local media you may have stored is backed up to your computer before doing this. You will then have to log back into your hp/palm profile, so make sure you know the email address and password you used to create it.

As for the TouchPad not charging, a very common issue is that the cylinder that you plug into your outlet gets misaligned with the two prongs sticking out of it. You just have to twist it until the usb port on the cylinder is parallel to the prongs.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  7.    #7  
    it finally came up. And also on the hold the power button you will click the home button 15 times not hold it. Sent from tp :-)
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    it finally came up. And also on the hold the power button you will click the home button 15 times not hold it. Sent from tp :-)
    Click it 15 times? Lol. That was just a coincidence. You have to hold it for 15 seconds.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Power button and the center home button,for I think 10 seconds, maybe 15, at the same time is just a hard reset. I think that it might also turn off wireless and bluetooth. you add in the volume up button to that and in 6 seconds you'll have a full erase. My daughter's friend nicely discovered this for me and completely erased all my apps and USB drive for me, Apps reinstalled automatically which was kind of nice. I had to put preware and all preware app/patches back manually which wasn't all clean, I had to jack around some, use preware to reload the palm default kernel the reload uberkernel, and of course run emergency reconstruction utility, etc. And all files and pictures were lost. What genius dreamed up a feature that would allow a child with no knowledge of how to work a touchpad to completely erase by accident it in 6 seconds by holding down all the buttons on it? I mean I get having a failsafe but not thrilled that it was tripped by accident on mine and wish there was some way to protect against that.