1.    #1  
    Holding the home and power buttons together for several seconds causes a reset. I have used this twice when my Touchpad locked up.
    I do not know if this has been touched on before but, it could help if your device becomes unresponsive.
    hold them down until it restarts. It could be 30 seconds...
    In almost three months use, I had to do this ONCE due to an app. As I recall, it took between 10 to 15 seconds. I'm full of useless information...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    It's actually ONLY recommended as a LAST resort and not meant to be done regularily, according to a post I saw several weeks ago from Rod Whitby.

I do not remember what thread it was, but I am 100% sure that's what he said.

Do so at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    In almost three months use, I had to do this ONCE due to an app. As I recall, it took between 10 to 15 seconds. I'm full of useless information...
    I had to do it to mine a couple times during initial setup. Don't think I did it for the wife. Was worried that my coworker I sold the extra 32 gig to would have the problem, but she hasn't come to me with any issues yet.

Don't remember doing it since though.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's actually ONLY recommended as a LAST resort and not meant to be done regularily, according to a post I saw several weeks ago from Rod Whitby.

I do not remember what thread it was, but I am 100% sure that's what he said.

Do so at your own risk.
    With I could remember why he said it... too much in my brain and I start putting one thing together with another.

Not sure if this is the exact quote I was thinking of, but found an example of what we were thinking about. I am sure he has said it other places as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is a catastrophic hard reset, which rightly triggers the fail-safe govnah profile behaviour. [/b]You risk filesystem corruption by doing that too often.[/b]

Hold just the power button and select "Restart Device" from the menu instead.

-- Rod
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/28/2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: found it (I think)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mine just froze up and I used the reset method. Worked like a charm.