Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    The company I work for is an HP spin-off and as a result I have access to HP's employee purchase program (EPP) even though I'm not an HP employee. Today the Touchpads were supposed to go on sale again. However, I'm logged into the EPP site, but I do NOT see Touchpads for sale anywhere.

Any real HP employees out there get their hands on one? If so, where did you find it?

Is there another EPP site that is real HP employee specific?

Thanks.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    they took order requests previously, so you wouldn't see them there.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they took order requests previously, so you wouldn't see them there.
    It was also believed this may have only been for the main campus.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I thought it started at 9am PST or 12 noon Eastern?
    From what I understood, it was only for direct HP employees and that you needed to use your HP email address to purchase.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Just found this also. Seems like there was an email with a specific link to the store that was sent out 48 hours beforehand to HP employees.

If anyone has that link, please PM me, I'd like to see if my login information for the HP EPP will work.

Thanks.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    If the USA learnt lessons from the UK EPP sale then there would have been a "registration" website where you registered your interest.

Lucky applicants would then be sent a link to a temporary EPP store where they can use a one-shot code to order a single device.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Just found this also. Seems like there was an email with a specific link to the store that was sent out 48 hours beforehand to HP employees.

If anyone has that link, please PM me, I'd like to see if my login information for the HP EPP will work.

Thanks.
    Woot Deals just posted this site:

Beneplace. Your Employees. Your Benefits.

"HP is letting employees buy the TouchPad through their EPP program. The thing is, their EPP program is for an employee of ANY company that has a personal computer partnership for their employees through HP.

Both HP and my company handle these services through Beneplace.com. If you or someone you know has uses Beneplace for their employee discounts, check it out! (You might have to be on your intranet or use your company specific link)"
    I only know one person who works for HP. She told me she's not buying
    and plans to order the Amazon Kindle Fire($199) instead.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Woot Deals just posted this site:

Beneplace. Your Employees. Your Benefits.

"HP is letting employees buy the TouchPad through their EPP program. The thing is, their EPP program is for an employee of ANY company that has a personal computer partnership for their employees through HP.

Both HP and my company handle these services through Beneplace.com. If you or someone you know has uses Beneplace for their employee discounts, check it out! (You might have to be on your intranet or use your company specific link)"
    My company (an HP spin-off) uses something similar. I log into that site, then it takes me to the HP EPP site, where I log in again. HOWEVER, the HP EPP site shows the TP as sold out still. I think you need a special link as indicated in the e-mail posted in Techcrunch article where is said 48 hours before today an e-mail would be sent to HP employees.

Any HP employees out there willing to share that link? If so, please PM me. I'd like to see if my credentials would work to get a TP.
    (All Sprint)
    The sale started at 12Noon Eastern, 9 AM Pacific.

I wonder how many they'll sell and if there will be any left for the general public...
    I'm a HP employee and just ordered a 32g. took me 40 mintues. But we could only order 1 at a time
    Last edited by fialdj; 09/28/2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: hit post too fast.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fialdj View Post
    I'm a HP employee and just ordered a 32g. took me 40 mintues.
    Was it a special link you needed to use?
    (All Sprint)
    You had to log in as an EPP registered user to see it.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    You had to log in as an EPP registered user to see it.
    I am an EPP registered user. However, I don't see it.
    (All Sprint)
    Are you an actual HP employee? Maybe you work for a spin-off or associated firm that doesn't qualify for the sale?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Are you an actual HP employee? Maybe you work for a spin-off or associated firm that doesn't qualify for the sale?
    I work for a spin-off (we should have kept the H-P name, which has since been ruined). I probably do NOT qualify. However, I was wondering if I might still be able to get one since I have access to the EPP. I feel like this might be the case, but I need a special link. Who knows. It was worth a shot...
    (All Sprint)
    I was able to pick one of the 16gig versions up. It took about 20 min. Two other co-workers were also successful.

You had to be an HP employee who had registered on the EPP web site with an HP employee ID in order to even see the Touchpad. Employees were told that you could only purchase one per person and that placing multiple orders would result in the cancellation of all orders.

On a side note, I've been lurking here at precentral for a while and look forward to being part of what appears to be a great community.
    Slowshutter likes this.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I was just on the phone with a client of mine who has been working at HP for years. Kidding around, I asked him if he could lay hands on a pre3 for me and he said he didn't think they were easily found using "proper" methods and that he wouldn't know where to go to get one but he was trying to score a TP and the system was jammed up. He said that every HP employee on the planet must be trying to score one of the tablets.

He also said that HP had ordered all employees to use the Pre2 in an effort to unload stock in advance of the 3 coming out and he never got his 2 as a result of a shortage in inventory.

He didn't know how many Touch Pads were going to be available but he figured they'd all be gone in short order.

And then he mocked Leo for everything from having 2 dismissals in 11 months on his resume to using that ridiculous accent on the "e" in Leo.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM_MAX View Post
    I was able to pick one of the 16gig versions up. It took about 20 min. Two other co-workers were also successful.

You had to be an HP employee who had registered on the EPP web site with an HP employee ID in order to even see the Touchpad. Employees were told that you could only purchase one per person and that placing multiple orders would result in the cancellation of all orders.

On a side note, I've been lurking here at precentral for a while and look forward to being part of what appears to be a great community.
    It was worth a shot. Thanks for the info.

I'll keep waiting for the e-mail notification I signed up for week ago to come "in the coming months."
    (All Sprint)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast