Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I tried again after getting my 16 GB ship confirmation last night and was able to order a 32 GB. I promised two for my kids and already had the cases before my eBay DataViz order was cancelled. I'm happy now. For the close to price of two 16 GB on eBay I was able to get a 16 GB and 32 GB direct from HP.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I thought you were only allowed one per employee to keep it fair. That is certainly the case in the uk

alan
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I thought you were only allowed one per employee to keep it fair. That is certainly the case in the uk

alan
    Was that one of each model? I got one of each. I didn't feel guilty at all, since I purchased just before the deadline. Nobody else lost out because of me. Besides I've purchased 5 webOS phones and 4 phone touchstones, 2 TB touchstones, a keyboard, 3 TB cases, etc.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Was that one of each model? I got one of each. I didn't feel guilty at all, since I purchased just before the deadline. Nobody else lost out because of me. Besides I've purchased 5 webOS phones and 4 phone touchstones, 2 TB touchstones, a keyboard, 3 TB cases, etc.
    my 16Gig, that I managed to get during the initial HP empl buying rush on wed, arrived yesterday. I was shocked as I got last night a notification that it had not yet shipped. (I read that email ON THE TOUCHPAD in question;-)

laughing, but NOT complaining
    My jaw is on the floor right now!!! The touchpad I ordered for my mother shipped YESTERDAY!!! I got no shipping email from HP and just randomly checked my order like I do and it's shipped! I have tracking and the package is moving!

Great I finally will get my hands on one. Bummed that MY touchpad is still in SMB purgatory.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    No - one TP per employee. In the UK there were 6,000 of them for around 20,000 employees.

Alan
    Well I tend to agree after 2 days still showing them in stock anyone that wanted one in USA had plenty of time to get one. So if someone else scored a second one that is fine by me.

What really bothered me was on day one folks were using other people login ids to purchase more than one if someone didn't want one. I know of a couple people that ordered 3 or 4 that way. Pretty sorry imo before we were all able to get a shot at them because of website issues.
    What really sucks is that they allowed people to order up to 5 touchpads back in August on HP SMB site and those orders are being shipped now, as ordered (5 touchpads per order -- no problem). They could've easily limited to 1 per person for *everyone* and avoided the frenzy on Wednesday and half a day of lost productivity for many at HP.
    In order for the EPP thing to have worked, you needed to log on with whatever e-mail address you used when you first signed up for your EPP account. AND, when you sign on with that account, next to your name, it MUST have the little EPP symbol in blue. If it has an icon or anything else, then you would not have seen the touchpads as available for purchase. Many many HP employees discovered they had not set things up correctly when they tried to order on the 28th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hawk View Post
    In order for the EPP thing to have worked, you needed to log on with whatever e-mail address you used when you first signed up for your EPP account. AND, when you sign on with that account, next to your name, it MUST have the little EPP symbol in blue. If it has an icon or anything else, then you would not have seen the touchpads as available for purchase. Many many HP employees discovered they had not set things up correctly when they tried to order on the 28th.
    true but later in the day if you called the EPP number they would just do the order over the phone...
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456