Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Sale went on 11am CST, 9am PST. 11:06amcst bought a 16 gig touchpad, paid and confirmation via email and everything in 10 min.

Helped a buddy do the same but at 9:16pm.
    They have 32 Gig instock still. Not sure why people are having so much issue.
    32 Gig are still available
    They're going to need a SUPERCOMPUTER for their 2nd firesale. I'm bringing a hammer. Just in case my computer doesn't want to cooperate.
    Whoo hoo... I managed to get a order in for the 32gb at 3p PST. Right when I said, "I will try one more time before giving up." Of course that one went right thru. I should have given up much earlier!! LOL...

I already received a confirmation email and the status shows "Item being processed." Great a new set of obscure status meanings to obsess over and a new order number to memorize! I can check on both of my SMB orders in my sleep! (Sometimes I think I sleepwalk and check them )
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Any of you guys used a coupon (SAVE15HP) with you order? My order says "Pending" and I didn't receive an e-mail confirmation. I wonder if that's the reason and now I'm worried they'll cancel my order (the e-mail didn't specifically prohibit use of coupons though).
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Wish I'd seen this earlier, took me five minutes on google to make a EPP account...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Wish I'd seen this earlier, took me five minutes on google to make a EPP account...
    I didn't think an EPP account did you any good if you're not an HP employee, am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Isn't the EPP account what marks me as an employee?

I guess not after suffering through the slickdeal threads... I'm pretty sure I can get a hp.com email and probably access to an appropriate employee ID, for future reference where might I plug this info in to join the "real EPP"?
    Last edited by bable; 09/29/2011 at 12:35 AM.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    We had an EPP sale in the UK about a week ago. They release 6,000 units, which were mainly 32GB types (only 300 units 16GB types). We had to pre register our interest to buy via a web site and then wait 10 days to see if we successful. Then came the actual ordering - I went on the site within minutes of receiving the email with a special one-time use discount code but already the 16GB types had gone. Still I managed to get one of the 32GB units.

My impression to date is that it is a real pity that HP discontinued the Touchpad as its a great device and WebOS is good on the tablet. They just got the initial price all wrong !
    Good luck everyone in eventually getting one. I only have mine for being in the right place at the right time (someone returned it, they bought it the week before the firesale at full price and wanted a rear camera so they exchanged it for a playbook and I swooped on the TouchPad) so I feel your frustration . Goodluck!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Isn't the EPP account what marks me as an employee?

I guess not after suffering through the slickdeal threads... I'm pretty sure I can get a hp.com email and probably access to an appropriate employee ID, for future reference where might I plug this info in to join the "real EPP"?

lol probably a good thing it was not that easy. i guarantee you those piranhas on slickdeals would have gobbled all the touchpads up hours ago :P
    Canadian employees had access to order 16GB units last month. I was able to get the 3 unit limit with no issue. I am surprised that I saw no mention of the Canadian availability on here last month.
    When I got to work this morning and checked the EPP site, I saw that there are still some 32gig Touchpads available. They also seemed to get the web site issues straightened out sometime yesterday around 2:30 PM Pacific. If you are an employee and you didn't grab one yesterday and you still want one, better move quick.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM_MAX View Post
    When I got to work this morning and checked the EPP site, I saw that there are still some 32gig Touchpads available. They also seemed to get the web site issues straightened out sometime yesterday around 2:30 PM Pacific. If you are an employee and you didn't grab one yesterday and you still want one, better move quick.
    How do you log in to check the site? Did you sign up for the EPP email a few weeks ago? I have a new EPP account with a HP.com email but it's never asked me for my employee number, just company code...
    I don't think that just having an HP.com email address is all you need. When I signed my mother up for an account I needed her Employee ID and Date of Hire and she had to be a Gold Badge retiree (as she said her 30 years with HP are finally good for something). She doesn't have an HP.com email but the system does have some list of HP employees. Initially she gave me her wrong hire year and it wouldn't let me create an account. Both the Hire date and ID had to match.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Cool, where did you sign her up?
    Cool, where did you sign her up?
    The website for retired employees is HP Retiree: HP Retirees: Employee Purchase Program
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    The website for retired employees is HP Retiree: HP Retirees: Employee Purchase Program
    I'm able to sign in through there too and see EPP discounts next to everything. It must have something to do with the opt-in email a few weeks ago, my registration date, or something. Guess I'm stuck with a 16gig
    Last edited by bable; 09/29/2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I got one and ordered one for a co-worker using their EPP log in. Both orders were definitely labors of love because it took tons of restarts and refreshes to get the orders to go through.
    I know a lot of people who ended up giving up and on the web and placing their orders by phone. Some staying on hold for up to 3hrs.
    A buddy of mine got a 32gb through a friend of his that works at HP.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast