Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Are HP employees who purchased Touchpads today
    allowed to sell them on eBay or CL for $200 or more?
    Why wouldn't they be allowed to?
    I didn't see anything that said we couldn't although it you are caught, it's frowned on heavily. Gifts or buying for friends and family is fine, but resale at a profit? I wouldn't risk my job on it.

I am wondering how HPS is experiencing high traffic if no one can get in!
    only took 3.5 hours to get the order
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Wow, looks like HP employees are REAL productive today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    but resale at a profit? I wouldn't risk my job on it.
    Niether would I!

Plus it would not be worth all the frustration everyone is having to purchase it.
    I hear selling on ebay is a real hassle.
    Selling on Amazon is so much nicer, night and day really. Plus you have more protection against scamming buyers. Only bad thing is if you're listing certain things you need to get permission since they are on a restricted category (like the Touchpad). I ended up with an extra Touchpad that nobody wanted so I ended up selling on there but I've been there a few years. If you're new you probably can't get approval until you prove yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    hell most of us work like 60 hours week... so they can live with 3-4 hours for us to get TP
    Thomas Edison
    buddy of mine who works at HP..just got an internal email stating "there will be no stock left for the public". ...hurtin'. Glad i got mine <grin>
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    buddy of mine who works at HP..just got an internal email stating "there will be no stock left for the public". ...hurtin'. Glad i got mine <grin>
    hmmm we didn't get any email like that
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    hmmm we didn't get any email like that
    hmmm..just repeating what he told me...
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post

Didn't hundreds of HP webOS employees get laid off in the last few weeks?

Are they eligible to purchase the Touchpads at $99/$149?

I think they are. The employees are not gone yet, they probably are still HP employees, but have maybe another month to six weeks to find another internal job. After that, if they don't find another job within HP, they are let go.
    Logged in to EPP right at 9am today. Instantly the 32GB unit was labeled as "out of stock" so I added a 16GB unit and a case to my cart. I got stuck in the refresh/partial checkout/page not found cycle for the next 3.5 hours before it finally let me check out. Luckily, I had the store up on a secondary PC, so it wasn't too much of a pain.

We did receive a new email about an hour ago stating that there were technical issues with the shopping site and employees should keep trying throughout the day (also that it wasn't an inventory issue). So apparently, they'll be keeping the employee sale going for a bit anyway.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Snagged a 16GB at 9:10 for my son. They didn't even show 32 GB units when I logged in.

Fortunately, I was able to get a 32 GB unit for myself on the first round.

I had two units on order from Datavision that both got cancelled. I even had two extra cases. Half way to closing that gap.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    Does it really make sense to bring your public website to it's knees for an employee only sale?
    and selling them at a loss
    I love that HP can't even handle the traffic from their -own- employees trying to buy the device... I mean seriously, how many hits can we possibly be talking about here?

Remind me again why a business would want to use them for "enterprise" solutions?

New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    untitled likes this.
    I bought one from HP EPP site. Your email had to be configured for EPP. My email (@hp.com) no longer exists as I'm retired, but still available to purchase from the EPP store.

I checked before posting this, both versions are still available.

Good Luck!

Louis
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I love that HP can't even handle the traffic from their -own- employees trying to buy the device... I mean seriously, how many hits can we possibly be talking about here?

Remind me again why a business would want to use them for "enterprise" solutions?

LOLLLLLLLLL

Im part of EPP through company affiliate, I did not qualify or see the touchpad =/ hp direct epp only.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast