Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    This must require you to be on the HP intranet or something. My mother is a retired HP employee and she has an account. She wanted me to order her one (in case the SMB order I bought her doesn't come thru). I can add the TP to my cart and click on check out but right before I can add in the CC it kicks me back to the main screen where I still have a TP in my cart. I just end up going in circles...
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Many HP employees are reporting the same problem. Looks like they're getting hammered.

Some HP employees are able to place orders from outside the HP network.
    I picked up a 16GB TouchPad for my wife in today's HP employee sale. Now I don't have to share MY TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    This must require you to be on the HP intranet or something. My mother is a retired HP employee and she has an account. She wanted me to order her one (in case the SMB order I bought her doesn't come thru). I can add the TP to my cart and click on check out but right before I can add in the CC it kicks me back to the main screen where I still have a TP in my cart. I just end up going in circles...
    You don't have to be on the HP intranet, jennkaotic - I ordered one from a customer's (non-HP) corporate network. Keep trying when it kicks you back to the main screen if there is one in your shopping cart... it took me 3 or 4 attempts to complete the transaction successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyTodd View Post
    You don't have to be on the HP intranet, jennkaotic - I ordered one from a customer's (non-HP) corporate network. Keep trying when it kicks you back to the main screen if there is one in your shopping cart... it took me 3 or 4 attempts to complete the transaction successfully.
    I had the exact same problem when I bought mine today. Constantly refreshing pages over and over to get them to load, and then getting sent back to the cart. Perseverance finally paid off though. I was on the HP intranet though.
    Last edited by NM_MAX; 09/28/2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Adding location when purchase was made
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I decided to give it another try by logging out of the EPP site, then logging back in. Now I can't even get to the login page.

I'm NOT an HP employee, I'm an employee of an HP spin-off. Encouraging to hear that non-HP employees are able to get them.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    I think ppl will be interested whether pre3 can be bought via EPP.
    Cool... well I will keep trying. Sucks I am here at work and no ability to use any brower but I.E. 7 (my work is a bit behind... LOL).
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am an HP retiree. Precisely at 9:00 pacific I logged onto the employee puchase website and got a touchpad in my cart. When I went to checkout the site totally jammed up and I was never able to checkout. After 15 minutes of futility I called the HP Shopping phone number. I waited on hold for 80 minutes before getting an agent. Because the website overloaded she took my order over the phone (something the initial information said they would not be doing) and my touchpad is on the way.

One interesting note though: When I asked her how many they had she said they did not know but what they were told is that HP plans on producing enough to fill all the employee orders they receive. That does not bode well for non-employees hoping topick one up.
    Yes
    When I logged into EPP at 12:00 eastern, the site only showed the 16G available. Although I wanted the 31G I did not want to miss out so I put the 16G in my cart. Got several time outs and "page cannot be displayed" and the OOPS... message. Closed IE opened Firefox and got into EPP on second try. Was able to complete checkout and got confirmation number at 12:21. Then when I went back to EPP the 32G was available :-(
    Of the 5 employees trying in my work group, so far I am the only one who has been able to check out successfully.

I also have been lurking these forums since we were forced to get the pre 2 phone (which I really like) back in April. I have enjoyed learning on this site and look forward to learning much more about my new TP.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Been having trouble getting in for a while now. HP finally caught on:

Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Awesome! It's like August 21st all over again.

The same thing happened last week at the OnSale order page.

It's all part the TouchPad quest!
    Does it really make sense to bring your public website to it's knees for an employee only sale?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    Does it really make sense to bring your public website to it's knees for an employee only sale?
    It seems as with other H-P related activities in the recent past, this has been poorly executed.
    (All Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    Awesome! It's like August 21st all over again.

The same thing happened last week at the OnSale order page.

It's all part the TouchPad quest!
    Except I don't get to play this time,
    OOOhhhhh New error. The Apache Bridge has FAILED. We have a bridge to nowhere...
    I have an EPP account but the touchpads aren't showing up in the store interface at all.
    Lucked out and managed to score a 16GB version for my wife, I already have a 32GB one. Yes, I'm an HP employee and was logged in at noon, but not via the HP intranet. Amazingly, it took only 2 page refreshes for the purchase to complete. Some of my coworkers are in the "item is in cart, trying to complete transaction" bucket. I guess I got lucky. I was also using Firefox instead of IE.
    I got mine in the cart via the internal (VPN) connection but had to complete it outside the firewall.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast