1.    #1  
    I see under the settings there is a link to BACKUP the touchpad,

question, where does it back this information up to ? How do you access it? and how do you restore it?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbor View Post
    I see under the settings there is a link to BACKUP the touchpad,

question, where does it back this information up to ? How do you access it? and how do you restore it?
    1. On the cloud
    2. From the cloud
    3. Using the cloud

Seriously it is all on the cloud. You can restore from your webOS account that you set up when you first logged in. The backup pushes it up to you account.

Login to here using your credentials used during setup:
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Wecome to the future
    I believe this gets stored on the WebOS servers with your account. I did a backup on my (slightly) older TouchPad, fired up my (slightly) newer TouchPad, and it automagically restored data when I entered my WebOS account credentials.

The newer TouchPad had all of my apps listed, including same locations on each screen. It also restored all accounts (including mail settings), except (for safety measures, I suppose) you had to enter the passwords for each account again.

Not sure if it backs up or restores data (like music, documents or pictures) stored on the TP.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    How about a detailed list of what is/isn't backed up?

Palm Support : Using Backup
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    What about location of preware app icons, patched app icons, changed app names, etc.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    1. On the cloud
    2. From the cloud
    3. Using the cloud

Seriously it is all on the cloud. You can restore from your webOS account that you set up when you first logged in. The backup pushes it up to you account.

Login to here using your credentials used during setup:
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Wecome to the future
    Now if I can just remember what email and password I used...Hmmmmm
    I hate the backup. If you installed too my patches, apps, and such, and your TP is now quirky, the backup will back that up. So when it restore, it restored that quirkiness.

I tried turning off backup and supposedly it's supposed to delete the backup in the cloud. But I didn't observe that. Or, I'm understand it wrong.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chunk9 View Post
    I hate the backup. If you installed too my patches, apps, and such, and your TP is now quirky, the backup will back that up. So when it restore, it restored that quirkiness.

I tried turning off backup and supposedly it's supposed to delete the backup in the cloud. But I didn't observe that. Or, I'm understand it wrong.
    Patches are not backed up with the Backup utility. In fact nothing from Preware is backed up. Please re-read Palm Support : Using Backup.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47