Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just want to give a BIG shout out to how GREAT the Kalemsoft player is. Before anyone noses down to me that there is already a Kalemsoft player thread. It has 811 replies and the first 700 posts are about problems with previous versions. The latest version fixes EVERYTHING. People need to know rather than viewing the first 700 posts and making their mind up not to buy it. I stream MKV and AVI flawlessly. I take the Touchpad to the gym, hop on the bike, hook up some ASUS ear canal headphones for supremely sounding audio, and have a PERFECT media experience. Now if only I could find some high quality bluetooth headphones. My old Jensen WBT212 doesn't pair and the audio quality would not do justice to the experience anyhow. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Please do not merge this thread with the 811 replies on other thread. People need to know how great this product is so they can support Kalemsoft. It would be rude to Kalemsoft's great efforts to make this awesome product to do otherwise.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    + 1 ! works great for me too :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    I agree!
    I only see 321 reviews, 187 positive & 46 negative?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    +1

Here are the bluetooth headphones that I use. They are great for the gym and the audio quality is really good for bluetooth.

Bluetooth Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones : iPhone Bluetooth Headphones : iPod Bluetooth Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com
    So, if you purchase it for your touchpad, are you also able to download it and use it with your Pre2?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    So, if you purchase it for your touchpad, are you also able to download it and use it with your Pre2?
    as long as it is on the same palm profile, it should work.
    @ Panhandle

Yeah, that what I'm assuming. But, I want to be 100% sure. There are some apps that are meant to be used just with your phone and others just for the Touchpad. Look at the Engadget app for instance. I have it in my phone, but it was also downloaded to my Touchpad, but it is still keeping the phone format.

So, do you have Kalemsoft running at your Pre and Touchpad without having to pay twice for the same app?
    Nope you have to pay twice. I've already gone thru this with the developer. They say its because the app had to be completely rewritten for the TouchPad so it separate from the work done for 2.x.
    Kalemsoft is very good in its current incarnation, but I have two little complaint-ettes:

1) it eats battery. Yes, I know, it's software decoding. So are the XVID players I used to use on my iPad. The iPad adds ate about 10% per TV show episode. Kalemsoft approaches 20%. Ouch.

2) when browsing a folder full of videos, the left pane that shows the files is too thin and file names are truncated. This is a real pain when you have a load of TV episodes with identical file names other than the episode number. Basically you end up having to blindly play videos until you find the one you want.
    Can I stream Netflix with Kalemsoft?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    The previous versions didn't work very well for me but the newer betas are great.
    Does it support subtitles already ? I was told that v4.0 should support them, and I told the dev that I would buy only on that condition.

So, if yes, let's go to the store
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Anyone know if there is a way to make the screen not pull up the comands with every touch? ie I want to be able to sit it in my daughters lap without her being able to touch to the screen and make it stop?
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post

No you need splashtop for that. Kalemsoft streaming is buggy at best
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    No Netflix viewing.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle View Post
    +1

Here are the bluetooth headphones that I use. They are great for the gym and the audio quality is really good for bluetooth.

Bluetooth Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones : iPhone Bluetooth Headphones : iPod Bluetooth Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com
    Thank you very much. I am definitely going to get these. Wish Koss made something like this. My wired Porta Pros are pretty awesome.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If only it had a builtin uPNP client (& subtitle support), it would have been perfect!
    Could the developer add 180 degree screen rotation? For those that have the official Touchpad case, you can't use the built in "smart case" stand. Essentially, the the stand is on the opposite side and you can't prop it up to watch video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Kalemsoft is very good in its current incarnation, but I have two little complaint-ettes:

1) it eats battery. Yes, I know, it's software decoding. So are the XVID players I used to use on my iPad. The iPad adds ate about 10% per TV show episode. Kalemsoft approaches 20%. Ouch.

2) when browsing a folder full of videos, the left pane that shows the files is too thin and file names are truncated. This is a real pain when you have a load of TV episodes with identical file names other than the episode number. Basically you end up having to blindly play videos until you find the one you want.
    What resolution is that video that uses 20%? I expect the higher res videos will eat more battery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast