Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    is Kalemsoft a paid program? i just downloaded it and it didnt mention cost, thru preware, i looked it up on kalemsoft website and there is a v0.40 compared to what i dl v0.30, any diff?
  2. Xsever's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hktofu View Post
    is Kalemsoft a paid program? i just downloaded it and it didnt mention cost, thru preware, i looked it up on kalemsoft website and there is a v0.40 compared to what i dl v0.30, any diff?
    This is a trial and it will expire soon and you will need to buy it.
  3. #23  
    Please, can someone tell me if Kalemsoft Media Player now supports subtitles ? Thanks
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  4. #24  
    hktofu

    I think what you have there is the unregisterd version - which ends up being a demo until you get it activated.

    The demo requires you to be connected to WiFi for it to work, and it will become inactive after a week or so (I think it was 10 - 14 days). It should give you a good idea of what the player is capable of.

    So that's an easy way to see if you have the demo - turn off WiFi and try to launch it and play a video.

    If it is the demo, take the opportunity to throw all kinds of videos at it and see what it does.

    If you like it, you can purchase the activation through the Kalemsoft website or through the HP App Catalog.

    The website route is cheaper, but you have to manually upgrade when the time comes.

    Hope this helps.
  5. #25  
    Love the Kalemsoft media player. I use the streaming server every day to stream music and video and it works great. Every once in a while it will skip, but I haven't determined if it is wireless signal/bandwidth or the media player.

    Playing local media is flawless in my experience.
  6. #26  
    Unless you are into spending big bucks for Bose or the Dr Ds, I suggest Motorola S10-HD. They paired up nicely with the TP and sounded good when I tested them using KalemSoft, AudiophileHD and TuneIn(do have an issue with TuneIn though, but not a problem caused by headphones). I am sure there are better ones out there, more bucks more bang, but these are just fine for me. You can find them at Walmart for $69.99. Worth checking out, you can always take back if they are not what you want. Also range was better than expected, 50+ft and still sounding good.
  7. #27  
    Maybe oneday they will support Digital Copy wmv files. Not sure why they don't. My phone does so till then guess will just wait. Does seem like it is pretty good tho otherwise. Well worth the $7.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
  8. #28  
    it would be nice to have fast forward and rewind buttons. Sliding bar is not the best solution.
  9. #29  
    Any way to get the screen to rotate the right way when playing videos...not just with Kalemsoft but with any video that you make full screen? The problem is that I bought the HP case for it and the way it props up, the video ends up playing upside down so It's worthless to use the case as a prop. Lame how it doesn't rotate completely.
  10. #30  
    Did you put your TP in the case backwards? Luckily my case works either way but it seems the normal way for landscape is with the 'home' button on the right.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    Did you put your TP in the case backwards? Luckily my case works either way but it seems the normal way for landscape is with the 'home' button on the right.
    No the HP designed case only allows the Touchpad to go in one way because of the hole for the mini USB and also the volume & power buttons are fitted into the case a certain way. I really do love the case but I hope there will be a patch for screen rotation in the near future.

    I actually like having the home button to the left because the speakers are then on top, and not obstructed when it's the other way and the sound get's muffled when it's on the bottom.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    No the HP designed case only allows the Touchpad to go in one way because of the hole for the mini USB and also the volume & power buttons are fitted into the case a certain way. I really do love the case but I hope there will be a patch for screen rotation in the near future.

    I actually like having the home button to the left because the speakers are then on top, and not obstructed when it's the other way and the sound get's muffled when it's on the bottom.
    I have the HP case as well, and I find when propped on a desk the speakers actually sound better (and more directional towards me) when they are pointed down. How are you propping it that doesnt work in that way? It works just fine for me, although I admit if you were trying to prop it on carpet or a bed you would likely obstruct the speakers enough to make them hard to hear.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    I have the HP case as well, and I find when propped on a desk the speakers actually sound better (and more directional towards me) when they are pointed down. How are you propping it that doesnt work in that way? It works just fine for me, although I admit if you were trying to prop it on carpet or a bed you would likely obstruct the speakers enough to make them hard to hear.
    Yea it's usually when I am laying in bed - i've always thought a tablet would be nice to have laying in bed but i find it's hard to hold up so I end up propping it on a pillow. I use my laptop more in bed now to stream Netflix or other sites now instead of my TP.
  14. #34  
    Anyways I just thought it was weird that the TP can't screen rotate in any direction...my phone can so why can't my tablet?
  15. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerf6 View Post
    Unless you are into spending big bucks for Bose or the Dr Ds
    I do spend decent money on quality equipment and I can say that Bose and Dr. Dre's are not quality compared to what you can get for the same price. I'm a loyal Sennheiser user but I'd choose at least 5 other brands of headphones before I'd waste my money on either of those two. Bose and Dre's are marketing BS. They both are fine equipment but you pay for a name and you can buy much better audio quality elsewhere.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I do spend decent money on quality equipment and I can say that Bose and Dr. Dre's are not quality compared to what you can get for the same price. I'm a loyal Sennheiser user but I'd choose at least 5 other brands of headphones before I'd waste my money on either of those two. Bose and Dre's are marketing BS. They both are fine equipment but you pay for a name and you can buy much better audio quality elsewhere.
    What do you recommend for the same price and features?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Please, can someone tell me if Kalemsoft Media Player now supports subtitles ? Thanks
    Does the new version support subtitles?
  18. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefather View Post
    What do you recommend for the same price and features?
    These are much better for music than Dre's and Bose, and that's what I have:

    Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD595 Dynamic High Grade Performance Premiere Headphones: Electronics

    If you have the money for $350 Dre's though then I'd look at these for phenomenal sound

    Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones: Electronics

    or these but it's back and forth if the newer model is better

    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Dyn...4623261&sr=8-1



    I love the sound of Sennheiser but there are other good brands that are out there that are also better than Bose and Dre's: Grado, Beyerdynamic, and Denon.
  19. #39  
    It may not be a bad player but Touchplayer can probably do most of what it can and its free.

    Also no matter how good the player there are rewards to be had in just encoding your files to fit the device better, and if your doing that you can make them work for any player including the default one.

    I couldnt help but notice that when I was looking for tutorials on how to get movies to play for the touchpad that 9/10 google searches landed me on some page with some person recommending kalemsoft. Often times it would be some small site with a person with just one post, and then several other 1 post people with generic "yes its great" replys to make it look genuine.

    So for that I get turned off big time.

    Touchplayer being free and using mplayer as its core is quite nice, even supports subtitles on my anime.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions