Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By noseph
  • 1 Post By provost
  • 1 Post By k4ever
  1.    #1  
    Lst nite i put my TP in standby....it had 70% battery life.
    Tried to wake it up this morning and it does nothing??
    ***?!?!
    I plugged it in and it shows a batt symbol. It also shows a white power cord?
    How do I fix this. I let it charge for 20 min and it still does nothing!!!!!!

It lost 70% batt life in 8 hours?!?!?
    If so, im gonna throw it away!!!!
    happened to me the second day. charged it 4 hours or so it came back on and never happened again.

Had it on my bed one day 90% charge then went to grab it again and it was dead and looked the same as yours
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
    If you are going to throw it away, I would gladly pay shipping to have it.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    johncampanale and fxspec06 like this.
    What were the last apps you loaded ? When you are "charging" your touchpad is it charging ?
    I've owned my touchpad since the announcement of the firesale and use it regularly. I use the touchstone cradle to charge it. It's on the cradle when I'm not using it. I never had this problem. I suggest you shutdown the touchpad and boot. If you still see this error, download the webosdoctor, charge your touchpad, then plug the touchpad into your computer's usb port and run the webosdoctor.

I haven't had to run this step, but I am writing apps for the device and I've read up on the webosdoctor just in case I break things.
    mine happened when it was at 1.7 overclock. just freaked out or something. i have used it overclocked since and never happened again. just a glitch
  6.    #6  
    I guess i over reacted. Lol
    I noticed it powered itself on after 30 min of being plugged it.
    The battery said 1%.
    I let it charge to 10% and powered it off to chargE. Im in class now and will check it after lunch.
    I did remove "freetether" which is the only "app" i downloaded yesterday.
    I hope that solves my problem. I guess im not using my new toy to take notes in class today
    Consider getting a touchstone. Micro USB is not a good charging method. the connection becomes loose and wiggly & then doesn't charge consistently. I've had this happen to a motorola phone also.
    If you throw it away, I am going through your garbage
    noseph likes this.
    The battery said 1%.
    I let it charge to 10% and powered it off to chargE. Im in class now and will check it after lunch.
    I hope that solves my problem. I guess im not using my new toy to take notes in class today
    Why did you install freetether? From my understanding, that app is only used to share 3G connections over wifi. The TouchPad does not have a 3G/4G connection (unless you got the Panda!). Glad to see it is back up and running.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Lst nite i put my TP in standby....it had 70% battery life.
    Tried to wake it up this morning and it does nothing??
    ***?!?!
    I plugged it in and it shows a batt symbol. It also shows a white power cord?
    How do I fix this. I let it charge for 20 min and it still does nothing!!!!!!

It lost 70% batt life in 8 hours?!?!?
    From what I've read, several things can contribute to reducing the battery life, which is quite good out of the box. Cranking up the brightness is a big one. Apps which do notifications and turn the screen back on when the TP is in standby is another on a similar note, overclocking above 1.5 (from what I've read 1.2 is really the best processor speed for battery life but 1.5 not far behind), wireless (there are a few ways to turn this off when not in use, easiest is probably settings, wifi, go into the preferences drop-down and set it to sleep when the touchpad does), and finally any apps which raise the on-demand processor(s) utilization significantly over a sustained period as the processors run at a very efficient low power consuming level when basically idle.
    The battery said 1%.
    My daughter used ours quite a bit two days running without charging it and it was just dead as a doornail. I was a bit worried at first, hoping it was the battery, Plugged it in and got that same screen and just like you it sprung to life after not long (didn't time it).

Quote Originally Posted by tmtolpa View Post
    Consider getting a touchstone. Micro USB is not a good charging method. the connection becomes loose and wiggly & then doesn't charge consistently. I've had this happen to a motorola phone also.
    Initially I didn't consider this but after getting it and realizing how much use/wear/tear the Micro USB would get and also being concerned about kids very possibly snapping stuff off, I decided the touchstone was very much worth it. When the deal first came up I was a newbie to this stuff and didn't even know what it was. But HP invested in this cool technology that is fairly unique in my experience and included it in the Touchpad, it's one of it's coolest features really and a steal at these prices.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    You need to uninstall freetether. It is for your phone to tether to the touchpad or laptop. This could be your problem.
    I hope to get enough money to grab several extra touchstones before they have all disappeared. Possibly little known fact: The Touchpad remembers each of your touchstones, and the app that you have specified to use on it while it is in Exhibition mode. So, if you have a touchstone by your bed, you can set that for your alarm (using LCARS-Clock, naturally, right, you nerd? ) program, one in your living room, you can set it for Photos, one in your kitchen, you can set it for .. uh.. well, I was thinking a recipe program, but I can't think of any that do exhibition mode. Anyway, whenever you set it down on that particular touchstone, it will auto launch whatever exhibition app you had open last time it was docked to that one.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: