Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    hey guys I was wondering what I need to do before I send it off?

uninstall preware? Gonna? What about uberkernel? Clean wipe? Help guys
    I just did a wipe and left everything else as is. I think the kernel stayed but that was about it. they wiped it clean before sending it back.
    Make sure you put a post-it-note or some sort of note ON THE DEVICE saying, pointing, screaming what is wrong with it. There are a couple other threads on here and other forums about people sending it in and nothing done to the device, myself being one of them. The repair center even rewraps the TouchPad in that plastic it originally shipped in when sending it back. Wifes TouchPad should be back tomorrow morning FOR THE SECOND TIME for the home button not springing back. Good Luck!

Edit: As far as the software, I just did a clean wipe and turned it off.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbronson411 View Post
    Make sure you put a post-it-note or some sort of note ON THE DEVICE saying, pointing, screaming what is wrong with it. There are a couple other threads on here and other forums about people sending it in and nothing done to the device, myself being one of them. The repair center even rewraps the TouchPad in that plastic it originally shipped in when sending it back. Wifes TouchPad should be back tomorrow morning FOR THE SECOND TIME for the home button not springing back. Good Luck!

shouldn't they know what the problem is when then look up the SRO?
    I mean I just sent in my veer, I would hate to send it back to them to find out they didn't do anything
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    shouldn't they know what the problem is when then look up the SRO?
    I mean I just sent in my veer, I would hate to send it back to them to find out they didn't do anything
    I don't think its a problem of them not knowing what is wrong with it, I believe whats going on is the tech reads the SRO, looks at the device, well the button still functions (in my case), wraps it up and sends it back. While the button still might function it is broken and one day will fail completely.

I would say that all this might be due to the amount of TouchPads that hit the market overnight but that would be wrong. About 2 years ago I sent in (under 1 yr warranty) my HP laptop because the power port on the side was loose. Same thing, received it back not fixed, called, sent in again, got fixed second time.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I don't think its a problem of them not knowing what is wrong with it, I believe whats going on is the tech reads the SRO, looks at the device, well the button still functions (in my case), wraps it up and sends it back. While the button still might function it is broken and one day will fail completely.

I would say that all this might be due to the amount of TouchPads that hit the market overnight but that would be wrong. About 2 years ago I sent in (under 1 yr warranty) my HP laptop because the power port on the side was loose. Same thing, received it back not fixed, called, sent in again, got fixed second time.
    it would suck for send the device back to me unfixed, i think it'll be harder in my case, seeing as I sent it in for 11 stuck pixels... although i have much more bigger problem than that them not fixing it...kept asking them to change my address over chat, and they keep doing it wrong(went from mixing up the numbers, to no address at all, and finally to one that has one whole line missing(my current address requires two lines of the address fields))
    dont know if i should contact them again... they probably have "annoying customer" under their notes for me XD
    think i should though? just in case?

im just happy my TP has nothing wrong with it.. it'll be a nightmare for me to have them fix my address again
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

oh no. well i just wrapped it all up. I thought that maybe the repair order would tell them that the glass is lifting out of the casing. i mean it's obvious enough?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I just sent mine back today for a dead pixel and speaker case crack. How long does it usually take to get the device back? I used the standard repair service.
    Put the note on the device about the problem, then pray. I sent mine back for a digitizer replacement and it returned to me displaying the exact same problem. I opted for advanced replacement the second time, received a new (refurbed) unit. Last night after minimal use one speaker stopped working and making a clicking sound. A swift tap on the back case returns the sound for a few seconds, so I assume it is a loose connection. I'll tear the f'n thing apart myself this time. So don't forget the pray part
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Man; I have little hope after reading this thread. I did print out a pic of a touchpad and highlighted the issues... hopefully it'll help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_T View Post
    I just sent mine back today for a dead pixel and speaker case crack. How long does it usually take to get the device back? I used the standard repair service.
    Mine was sent 9/5 and they just finished repairing it after it sat there for over a week with no status change. I had to call them daily to nudge them along . As soon as they added my sr # to the hot list on firday it started porogressing and is supposedly now fixed ready to ship bakck to me but it has not actually shipped yet.
    Maybe that will give you an idea on how long yours will take ? If they start offering adv replacement optiuons again, that's got to be the way to go, otherwise you'll be without tp for awhile.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Mine took two weeks and they actually did fix it which was nice.
    Mine only took a week, screen was messed up. Just got it today and the dead battery icon isnt going off after being on charger for going on 40 minutes now.........I dont wanna send it back
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    hey guys I was wondering what I need to do before I send it off?

uninstall preware? Gonna? What about uberkernel? Clean wipe? Help guys
    yes Gonna
    This thread has me totally turned off about sending mine in. The glass on mine isn't flush with the left edge of my unit. You cant really see it but you can definitely feel it and it drives me crazy! Doesn't effect functionality but I feel like this just shouldn't happen when you buy something brand new
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    This thread has me totally turned off about sending mine in. The glass on mine isn't flush with the left edge of my unit. You cant really see it but you can definitely feel it and it drives me crazy! Doesn't effect functionality but I feel like this just shouldn't happen when you buy something brand new
    I definitely wouldn't accept that. I think it is worth sending it back.
    i just got replacement from HP. All you have to do is to just do a factory reset.