1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble logging in to our county library's public captive wi-fi portal (sonoma county library) while at a library. The terms and conditions page appears, I click the "ok" button, and all it does is cycle to the same page again as if in a loop. I've allowed cookies. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Have you tried opening another tab or window to see what you get. I have had to do that with my computer sometimes because the host is not configured for all browsers and settings.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I had the same issue in the regular browser but for some reason Advanced Browser works at my local library. Were you using the stock browser?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Try hitting the refresh button, this could be related to the cache issues some folks have had.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions (I even bought and installed Advanced Browser). Sadly, nothing worked. I'll post back if I find a solution. Kazan
    Do you have Ad Blocker or Max Blocker installed?
    I had the same problem in a hotel where I recently stayed. I could never figure out how to get out of the loop you described. I haven't experienced this behavior anywhere else. I've been able to use the TouchPad at several other public WiFi hotspots that act as captive portals and require agreement to their terms (such as Starbucks and Panera Bread).

Go figure!
    Same issue when I tried it at an airport offering free Wi-Fi.

My laptop and smartphone had no issues. When I tried it with the Touchpad,
    the browser page always kept going back to the "accept terms and conditions"
    page. Clearing all cookies/history/cache didn't help.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Captive portal problems are problems that are related to our browser's capabilities. Some captive portals go through some kind of redirect process after a user logs in. Our Touchpad browser doesn't understand that redirect and never completes. The redirect problems don't happen with every captive portal - it just depends how the captive portal is programmed. Starbucks portals seem to work well. Clear Connect portals don't.

So here is my question: Has anyone with more brains than I figured out if this is a problem that can be fixed with a hack of some sort?? Some hack with manual redirecting should do the trick - but how to do that??
    Captive portal problems are problems that are related to our browser's capabilities. Some captive portals go through some kind of redirect process after a user logs in. Our Touchpad browser doesn't understand that redirect and never completes. The redirect problems don't happen with every captive portal - it just depends how the captive portal is programmed. Starbucks portals seem to work well. Clear Connect portals don't.

So here is my question: Has anyone with more brains than I figured out if this is a problem that can be fixed with a hack of some sort?? Some hack with manual redirecting should do the trick - but how to do that??
    We have the same problem with the wifi in our trains here in NL. A smart dev made an app to bypass it. I'll see if I can find the link.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We have the same problem with the wifi in our trains here in NL. A smart dev made an app to bypass it. I'll see if I can find the link.

Awesome - would be great if you found that. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I assume you're talking about 'NS hotspot'. It's available through preware when you add the following feed (from managing feeds in the option menu):

More instructions: https://github.com/dvangennip/hotspot-webos

Personally I never got the app to work on my touchpad, but others seem to have been successful; so it's worth a try. As for the trains in the Netherlands: nowadays connecting to the NS hotspots works just fine without this app.
    I assume you're talking about 'NS hotspot'. It's available through preware when you add the following feed (from managing feeds in the option menu):
    [LIST]
    € Name: sinds1984
    € URL: http://project.sinds1984.nl/appfeed
    € Is compressed: YES

More instructions: https://github.com/dvangennip/hotspot-webos

Personally I never got the app to work on my touchpad, but others seem to have been successful; so it's worth a try. As for the trains in the Netherlands: nowadays connecting to the NS hotspots works just fine without this app.
    Yup that's the one :-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Interesting. He has a bit of things on github, related to webos, including a gui wrapper and a forked webos-lib
    Would using the Firefox add-on (in Preware) help? I know that it resolved the YouTube issues, might do the same with this issue.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...