Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    so I saw an add for this website "OnLive". Its cloud gaming, they have iPad and android tablet apps but unfortunately none for the touchpad. I'm not a coder so don't know much about it but wondered if there is anyway to port the android / iPad app to the touchpad, the app is free and would be beneficial to OnLive so can't see them having a problem with it?

Welcome to OnLive
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    contact them first and get their permission. that would be the first step i think
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Okay done, lets see what they say
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i hope it makes it to webos. using one of their wireless controllers would be nice
    I have onlive on a bt infinity connection with the micro console and its bloody astounding, 6.99 for 100 or more games and it actually works, although I have the console I would love to see them make an app for webOS, the controller is Bluetooth so I see no reason why it could not work with the onlive pad client be it touchpad, iPad whatever...
    I love Onlive and have been using it personally for at least a year from my Mac desktop.

I think it would a great addition to webOS and the TouchPad would workout perfectly especially since it matches almost exactly with the iPad and iPad 2 platforms. If I remember correct, Onlive for the iPad had some Touchscreen controls for interfacing and not sure if the Bluetooth controller would be necessary to make things work. I guess it depends on the game you are play.

Either way, I hope they respond to your requests and look forward to other news if and when it comes. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    the email I sent was constructive so hopefully I will get a good reply. It would be such a great addition for webOS.

as I said I'll keep you updated on their reply if/when it comes!

If they say they won't develop the app but say the homebrew can, would it be possible for them to port the iPad / android one?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    If I remember correct, Onlive for the iPad had some Touchscreen controls for interfacing and not sure if the Bluetooth controller would be necessary to make things work. I guess it depends on the game you are play.

my hope is if they can get their bluetooth controllers working on touchpad, then maybe someone could reverse engineer how they did it and apply it to other game emulators
    sorry for the bump. this is the newest version of this topic i could find

i did a live chat just barely and this was their response

John: Hi, my name is John. How may I help you?
    J I: just wondering if you guys are developing a client for webos devices
    J I: since there is one for android and ios afterall, this would be handy to have and a big selling point for myself
    John: I believe so, but I cannot say for certain. Do keep an eye on the website for any updates though
    J I: sweet thanks
    looks like we may be in luck afterall.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Will Onlive ever come to WebOS?
    The app is literally AMAZING on my sisters iPad. I honestly can't beleive you can play such quality games on a portable device, and most of the times, you don't even notice the tiny lag.
    I would love for an official app to come out, I don't want to install Android as I love WebOS. Also, I've heard that the screen resolution on Android isn't right for OnLive as the HPT is a 4:3 device.

But honestly, is there anything we could do to get OnLive on the WebOS store? Any petitions we could sign and what not? I'm pretty sure someone out there can get it on preware? Right?
    <<threads merged>>
    Works great on touchpad android, full screen good , just a touch offset.
    I had a thread about hammering their support email for this, someone please feel free to merge that in here too
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: