1.    #1  
    I believe it was after an App Catalog update that I ended up with a new wallpaper which leads me to believe there is at least two! At any rate, how do I find them? Thank you!
    You can use any image as a wallpaper. There are several free wallpaper apps and a few paid wallpaper apps in the catalog. Alternatively, you can find wallpapers on a site like zedge.net.

In the top right hand corner, pick your phone model. I use Apple iPad2 (or 1) as it's the same pixel resolution. Go to downloads, then pick Wallpapers. Find something you like, download it to your PC, and then transfer into your Wallpapers folder, either by connecting the USB, entering USB mode, then drag & drop, or wirelessly with something like WiFi Media Sync.

You can also use any pictures that are in your Photos app by clicking on a full size picture, in the bottom right hand corner is an icon that is 3 horizontal lines with a down arrow, click that, and Set As Wallpaper is an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    I believe it was after an App Catalog update that I ended up with a new wallpaper which leads me to believe there is at least two! At any rate, how do I find them? Thank you!
    Download images from anywhere, including the many wallpaper or photo web sites. What you really want is stuff sized to 1024x768 to fit right. I won't get into cropping and resizing as it's beyond the scope of a simple reply. You can usually touch/hold on an image and choose "Save to Photos" (oops this may actually be an advanced browser thing which you may not have). Someone might have to remind me how to do the same in the stock browser.

After downloading some pictures, run Apps->Photos&Videos and you should be able to find your images there. Touch on the image to display it full screen. At the bottom right corner of the screen there should be a little symbol that looks like 3 lines with a little down arrow symbol in the bottom right. It hides after a while so touch the image if it's not showing up. Once you see that symbol, touch it and you'll see two options, "Add to Album" and "Set as Wallpaper", choose the latter.

You can also look at App store software that does this for you, some free, such as Wallpaper Switcharoo HD Lite which I thought was pretty cool, or InterfaceLIFT HD, or Mood of Beskydy Mountains.
    Last edited by texasflood; 09/27/2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Update file saving info FYI
    This is what's great about having the same resolution as ipad. You can use any wallpaper image file for ipad on your touchpad without it stretching or cropping.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for the replies!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Download images from anywhere, including the many wallpaper or photo web sites. What you really want is stuff sized to 1024x768 to fit right. I won't get into cropping and resizing as it's beyond the scope of a simple reply. You can usually touch/hold on an image and choose "Save to Photos" (oops this may actually be an advanced browser thing which you may not have). Someone might have to remind me how to do the same in the stock browser.

After downloading some pictures, run Apps->Photos&Videos and you should be able to find your images there. Touch on the image to display it full screen. At the bottom right corner of the screen there should be a little symbol that looks like 3 lines with a little down arrow symbol in the bottom right. It hides after a while so touch the image if it's not showing up. Once you see that symbol, touch it and you'll see two options, "Add to Album" and "Set as Wallpaper", choose the latter.

You can also look at App store software that does this for you, some free, such as Wallpaper Switcharoo HD Lite which I thought was pretty cool, or InterfaceLIFT HD, or Mood of Beskydy Mountains.
    Your instructions were perfect. However, having said that, I did experience some trouble because my learning curve is still pretty low. I generally look for WPs at kate.net because of the numerous choices and resolution options. After choosing a fall scene it opened perfectly but I could not find it in the photo app. Even after watching the Internalz Pro instructional video I still can't grasp how to use it but I opened it hoping to somehow find the file. I had seen it sitting in the browser history and would hold my finger on it hoping the copy icon would appear, but no, so I couldn't figure out how to copy it to the photo app. After opening IP I returned to the history and I either tapped it again or held my finger on it longer and it successfully landed in the app. So, did it end up there because IP was open or was it because I tapped it or held my finger on it for a longer period of time? If it was because of IP being open, do you have to have it open to download files? Thank you!
    I have also been downloading and resizing to 1024 x 768 on PC and then popping them into a 'Wallpapers' folder on TP via USB..

Here's an HP one that I messed around with!

Attached Images Attached Images
    maybe it's just me but you can tap and hold on any picture and it pops up with a choice to save and a choice to set as wallpaper, and that's in the normal browser...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdonato2025 View Post
    maybe it's just me but you can tap and hold on any picture and it pops up with a choice to save and a choice to set as wallpaper, and that's in the normal browser...
    You beat me, I was just about to post that. I'd tried earlier with a google image and it didn't work for some reason. But just now I went to kate.net mentioned above, brought up a 1024x768 image, tapped and held on the picture and got options of "Copy To Photos", "Share Image" and "Set Wallpaper". So I guess it works, not sure what I did earlier to convince me it didn't At any rate, so looks like you can set the wallpaper directly from there or "Copy To Photos" and set it at any time using the Photos&Videos App described above.
    If you really want the background to look right in portrait and landscape, you should use 1024x1024, not 1024x768... When the orientation changes, a 1024x768 image may not show up right.

Also, look for images where the center 768x768 contains the important part of the image. Say words are all the way from the sides, they would be cut off in portrait...
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 09/27/2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: more info
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    If you really want the background to look right in portrait and landscape, you should use 1024x1024, not 1024x768... When the orientation changes, a 1024x768 image may not show up right.

Also, look for images where the center 768x768 contains the important part of the image. Say words are all the way from the sides, they would be cut off in portrait...
    Thanks for the tip, didn't realize that.