Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
Like Tree27Likes
  1.    #1  
    With all the hot current news and speculations around the Amazon tablet, the new iPhone, Windows 8 and the Windows Phone 7 Mango release, I think it's the perfect moment for HP to join in for webOS.

    Let them announce a major new version for webOS which also runs on PCs (free download), the new TouchPad Go, TouchPad 4G and the Pre 3 LTE.

    Now is the moment for HP.
    Invent. webOS.
    Fisack23 likes this.
  2. #2  
    Hein?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #3  
    The advert could be Leo riding a Unicorn and holding a touchpad Go.
    PainToad, Vij and sinsin07 like this.
  4. cj-m's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #4  
    don't forget the Nokia N9...soon to be another extinct creature...
  5. #5  
    I can definately understand people wanting and wishing all the webOS devices to release. But i just can't understand why people want webOS on their PC with Windows. I couldn't understand it when HP first announced the plan and I still don't understand people want it after Microsoft new Windows 8. Unbelievable.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    With all the hot current news and speculations around the Amazon tablet, the new iPhone, Windows 8 and the Windows Phone 7 Mango release, I think it's the perfect moment for HP to join in for webOS.

    Let them announce a major new version for webOS which also runs on PCs (free download), the new TouchPad Go, TouchPad 4G and the Pre 3 LTE.

    Now is the moment for HP.
    Invent. webOS.

    This is probably what would have happened if HP didn't have that epic fail of an announcement last month.

    As much as I want webOS to make a comeback, it's not looking realistic at this point. Even if the new CEO decides to reverse their decision, the damage is done; it would take over a year to get new devices out and by then the TouchPad will be a distant memory.

    I expect that a year or so from now, once the final warranty from the last activated firesale TouchPad is up, they will discontinue supporting webOS updates. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks to me right now.
  7. #7  
    Which stage of grief is this?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Which stage of grief is this?
    I think it's closest to bargaining. Depression, then acceptance is coming up.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  9. #9  
    I think this is still denial... ; )
  10. #10  
    For someone that has been claiming the death of webOS and trumpeting the superiority of other platforms for quite a while, well before Leo drove webOS off a cliff, nappy sure has stuck around the forums to continue to try to take cheap shots at the platform.

    I wonder if nappy might still be in the denial or anger stages...
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  11. #11  
    Well, I do use a TouchPad sometimes.
  12.    #12  
    My believe is that this whole TouchPad firesale was ignited by Bestbuy. HP was threatened by BB like hell, because they were HPs biggest buyer. BB had 275.000 items in stock that they were about to return to HP, what power did that fact give to BB?! Just imagine the amount of 275.000 TouchPads returning to, yeah, China?! HP would have had to take back the BB inventory with no other option than to destroy all of those. But they didn't... (Leo: "Oops, we don't have enough storage. So now what?").

    HP gave in to BB, because they just need big resellers like BB in future. How could HP have fallen into this trap to make themselves so dependent on a reseller? Guys like Bestbuy know the customer market, they have the right tools and logistics to serve consumers. The resulting firesale was nice for those who snagged their TouchPad, but it was bad for the reputation of webOS, HP hardware and the HP brand. Very bad!

    As if it never happened before HP underestimated consumer business big time. B to C business is not HP's business and that is/was a top management choice. In fact HP doesn't have much knowledge about the consumer market and are not even to the least prepared for logistics processes to the consumer market. Look what happened to their website when their firesale took off. It just went flat!
    HP put it's faith in webOS in the hands of companies like BB and the likes, completely. In my opinion HP couldn't have done more than giving in to Bestbuy. They realize that and that's why Leo's out!

    The tablet market is rapidly changing and webOS still has a big opportunity and chance. However, HP played the marketing game so bad with their firesale, just not to loose a partner like BB. HP sacrificed webOS and the TouchPad to keep Bestbuy as a business partner. Just imagine how this crazyness is now puzzling Meg Whitman. She loves webOS, but Leo screw it.

    Because of that it would be very difficult for HP to re-launch webOS(products) right now without making themselves looking stupid. But then again it's up to Meg to come up with a big plan. I really do believe she's thinking about something really special as a re-launch for webOS and the HP mobile devices. She might also be thinking about becoming less independent on big players on the consumer market like Bestbuy. That is, if HP plans to further expand their consumer market with a strong organization supporting that business and becoming less dependent on BB and the likes. 1+1=2, right?

    But hey, who am I? I'm a customer who grabbed one of these fine TouchPads. Should I worry about Leo's stupid management decisions and lack of vision?
    No! I'm glad he's out and Meg's in and hey, I love my TouchPad.
    Last edited by Fresh; 09/27/2011 at 05:33 PM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    My believe is that this whole TouchPad firesale was ignited by Bestbuy. HP was threatened by BB like hell, because they were HPs biggest buyer. BB had 275.000 items in stock that they were about to return to HP, what power did that fact give to BB?! Just imagine the amount of 275.000 TouchPads returning to, yeah, China?! HP would have had to take back the BB inventory with no other option than to destroy all of those. But they didn't... (Leo: "Oops, we don't have enough storage. So now what?").

    HP gave in to BB, because they just need big resellers like BB in future. How could HP have fallen into this trap to make themselves so dependent on a reseller? Guys like Bestbuy know the customer market, they have the right tools and logistics to serve consumers. The resulting firesale was nice for those who snagged their TouchPad, but it was bad for the reputation of webOS, HP hardware and the HP brand. Very bad!

    As if it never happened before HP underestimated consumer business big time. B to C business is not HP's business and that is/was a top management choice. In fact HP doesn't have much knowledge about the consumer market and are not even to the least prepared for logistics processes to the consumer market. Look what happened to their website when their firesale took off. It just went flat!
    HP put it's faith in webOS in the hands of companies like BB and the likes, completely. In my opinion HP couldn't have done more than giving in to Bestbuy. They realize that and that's why Leo's out!

    The tablet market is rapidly changing and webOS still has a big opportunity and chance. However, HP played the marketing game so bad with their firesale, just not to loose a partner like BB. HP sacrificed webOS and the TouchPad to keep Bestbuy as a business partner. Just imagine how this crazyness is now puzzling Meg Whitman. She loves webOS, but Leo screw it.

    Because of that it would be very difficult for HP to re-launch webOS(products) right now without making themselves looking stupid. But then again it's up to Meg to come up with a big plan. I really do believe she's thinking about something really special as a re-launch for webOS and the HP mobile devices. She might also be thinking about becoming less independent on big players on the consumer market like Bestbuy. That is, if HP plans to further expand their consumer market with a strong organization supporting that business and becoming less dependent on BB and the likes. 1+1=2, right?

    But hey, who am I? I'm a customer who grabbed one of these fine TouchPads. Should I worry about Leo's stupid management decisions and lack of vision?
    No! I'm glad he's out and Meg's in and hey, I love my TouchPad.
    Nice story. When's the movie, makes for good fiction
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Nice story. When's the movie, makes for good fiction
    I'd love to hear your plan. I'm in!
  15. #15  
    Lol doesn't hurt to try
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    I'd love to hear your plan. I'm in!
    Hey, I was just pulling his leg. If I had a plan there would be webos in every office.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    With all the hot current news and speculations around the Amazon tablet, the new iPhone, Windows 8 and the Windows Phone 7 Mango release, I think it's the perfect moment for HP to join in for webOS.

    Let them announce a major new version for webOS which also runs on PCs (free download), the new TouchPad Go, TouchPad 4G and the Pre 3 LTE.

    Now is the moment for HP.
    Invent. webOS.
    you must be in the denial phase because in case you haven't noticed webos is at a dead stand still. the future of it doesn't look to bright either. hope im wrong and some phone maker buys it but at this point i seriously doubt it. hp was the death of the platform and they should be ashamed.
  18. #18  
    Which stage of grief is this?
    And when does a 12 step program get started to recover?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
  19. #19  
    Fresh thats nice and all but your theory about bestbuy making the firesale happen is pretty off.

    HP.com was the first with the price change and retailers changed accordingly. Best Buy was one of the LAST to update their prices to the firesale prices. In fact they even had a notice saying they wouldn't be selling at the firesale prices going into the weekend. And late saturday they changed their mind. Meanwhile the firesale was happening everywhere else while best buy was making up its mind. Hardly the way you described it..


    Nice try tho.
    sinsin07 and taxi like this.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    Fresh thats nice and all but your theory about bestbuy making the firesale happen is pretty off.

    HP.com was the first with the price change and retailers changed accordingly. Best Buy was one of the LAST to update their prices to the firesale prices. In fact they even had a notice saying they wouldn't be selling at the firesale prices going into the weekend. And late saturday they changed their mind. Meanwhile the firesale was happening everywhere else while best buy was making up its mind. Hardly the way you described it..


    Nice try tho.
    I could well agree with your re-cap of the TouchPad firesale, but it doesn't change what I'm saying, who ever was first to slash the price. I'm not blaming Best Buy for blowing the TouchPad or webOS, HP management is still to blame.

    I think we can agree that the hardware nor webOS is to blame, something most news sources wish to focus on in their fire sale analysis, though (you know those "iPad this, iPad that" sources). HP just wasn't prepared for penetrating this technology into the mass consumer market simply because they don't have the knowledge or the right infrastructure to address the mass consumer market. HP trusted those partners who do have that knowledge just a bit too much.

    My point is (repeat) that webOS and the TouchPad could have made it without the firesale and with the right marketing mix, the right knowledge of the consumer market and trusted partners in their supply chain.
    Last edited by Fresh; 09/29/2011 at 04:49 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions