1.    #1  
    I love my touchpad but do not have the slightest idea about how much information it collects/logs about me?

I turned down logging... if that helps, but does anyone have any information it collects/stores?

I always fear selling my smart phone for fear, nothing is truly ever deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticslug View Post
    I love my touchpad but do not have the slightest idea about how much information it collects/logs about me?

I turned down logging... if that helps, but does anyone have any information it collects/stores?

I always fear selling my smart phone for fear, nothing is truly ever deleted.
    The TouchPad will collect your Address, your Social #, your Credit Cards #, your girls' address and age.. and if you've been cheating.. so be carefull.. this TP is some powerfull stuff ! lol

Try to do everything on paper if you can. lol
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    What information do you have on there that you think people want? I was excited when I learned how easy it is to hack most bluetooth headsets and listen in until I actually did it. People talk about boring stuff A secure full erase and doctoring should get rid of everything if you sell your HP, except finger prints.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    it turns on while you are asleep and activates the webcam to monitor your sleeping patterns.
    I would say it depends on what you are doing... and how you are doing it. As with any internet connected devices, there are safer ways to do things...

With that said, I can say HP/Palm knows what apps you have installed and are using (this includes side loaded), they can monitor clock speed of the CPU, you have some info you should have given when you setup your Palm Profile.

Beyond that, seriously as I said above it's going to vary based on how you use the device, various e-mail/calendar/cloud data/etc can expose more or less of your data. Then it also has any username and password for any account you give it. If you use the HP/Palm backup service for contact/calendar/memos/etc, you are uploading that data on a daily basis (hopefully) to their servers. Don't forget web history, cache, and cookies (I hear webOS likes oreo ).

That is probably as clear as anyone can be for you, so it could be watching everything and almost nothing all at the same time. Sorry I can't be more specific.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...