Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    when its charged it wont turn on... it wont even charge or show anything on the screen... but if i let the battery die and plug it back in the battery symbol will show.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  2. #2  
    yeah, that isn't right.

    Usually when you plug the USB in it will turn on or come out of standby. The only way to have it off and charge it is to plug in the USB while it is on then turn it off (charges faster .

    Remember, when turning the device on you have to hold the power button for a really long time.
  3. #3  
    I had something like that happen on my Pre. It might be an issue with the battery, maybe it's loose. That was the issue for my Pre.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    when its charged it wont turn on... it wont even charge or show anything on the screen... but if i let the battery die and plug it back in the battery symbol will show.
    Did you receive your shipping box from HP to send it back for warranty repair? Just wondering when you'll be sending it back...
  5. #5  
    That's exactly the problem I had with my TP 3 days after I got it. I sent it in to be repaired on 9/7. Today I called & was told (for the 3rd time) that it was being put on the "hot list", but the repair center is short of parts, don't know when they will get more, and there is no ETA for the repair of my TP. So frustrating.
  6. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    when its charged it wont turn on... it wont even charge or show anything on the screen... but if i let the battery die and plug it back in the battery symbol will show.
    If it doesn't turn on, how are you letting the battery die?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    yeah, that isn't right.

    Usually when you plug the USB in it will turn on or come out of standby. The only way to have it off and charge it is to plug in the USB while it is on then turn it off (charges faster .

    Remember, when turning the device on you have to hold the power button for a really long time.
    Sometimes it charges fine for a short time, sometimes it doesnt... i havent been able to boot it up but the volume down button seems like it may be down a bit like its being constantly pushed

    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I had something like that happen on my Pre. It might be an issue with the battery, maybe it's loose. That was the issue for my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Did you receive your shipping box from HP to send it back for warranty repair? Just wondering when you'll be sending it back...

    yes, but im scared. it didnt reboot after i used webosdoctor so im concerned that it didnt fully erase and i will get my warranty voided.


    Quote Originally Posted by Barbkf View Post
    That's exactly the problem I had with my TP 3 days after I got it. I sent it in to be repaired on 9/7. Today I called & was told (for the 3rd time) that it was being put on the "hot list", but the repair center is short of parts, don't know when they will get more, and there is no ETA for the repair of my TP. So frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    If it doesn't turn on, how are you letting the battery die?
    If i am able to charge it itll charge for a while then switch to usb mode. it randomly booted up a while back after being dead for like a week.... gbut hasnt since.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.

Posting Permissions