How many current iPad (1 & 2) owners bought HP Touchpads
    during the $99/$149 firesale?

If so, which iPads(memory size, 3G or Wifi, color) did you own
    on the day you purchased Touchpads ? Did you buy the
    16GB or 32GB Touchpads?

For me, it's iPad 2, 64GB, 3G, AT&T, white. Purchased 16GB
    Touchpads(three).

Thanks!
    You bought 3?? Damn, this is the reason why, there's no 800k TP owners out there. Probably around maybe 500k or little more individual. Well, i wasnt able to get a hold of it, I probably bought 3 as well. Yes, I have iPad 1 16g wifi. But I wouldn't mind buying few cheap TP, 16g possibly. 1 in bathroom, 1 will replace my picture frame and one next to my bed. But I wasn't the lucky one and I wouldn't pay like $200 to $250 on craigslist, that's overprice.
    Last edited by passlogix; 09/27/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    I own the original iPad 16g and bought one 16g Touchpad on the day the fire sale started from the SMB site. My iPad is still a much better tablet than the TP. The TP needs more polish, apps and refinement to come even close to my old first gen iPad. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by BTJepson View Post
    I own the original iPad 16g and bought one 16g Touchpad on the day the fire sale started from the SMB site. My iPad is still a much better tablet than the TP. The TP needs more polish, apps and refinement to come even close to my old first gen iPad. IMO
    I own the original 16gb iPad, a 32gb ipad2 and a 64gb ipad2 and bought a 32gb Touchpad. While the iPad is an overall better polished tablet, the Touchpad is a great tablet too, especially after you get the uberkernal, Guvnah, and so on. I think WebOS is better than the iOS UI, but the TP just lacks so many of the significant apps. If the apps start coming, I'll be using the TP more than my iPad.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    My wife has an iPad but it's really hers and the kids, I only do occasional tech support on it. The touchpad is my toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    I own the original 16gb iPad, a 32gb ipad2 and a 64gb ipad2 and bought a 32gb Touchpad. While the iPad is an overall better polished tablet, the Touchpad is a great tablet too, especially after you get the uberkernal, Guvnah, and so on. I think WebOS is better than the iOS UI, but the TP just lacks so many of the significant apps. If the apps start coming, I'll be using the TP more than my iPad.
    Well, when I was using Pre Plus, lack of app wasn't the biggest problem for me. It was the bugs with webOS. I always felt that I was the beta os tester. Hell, when I download the windows 7 beta version, that beta os had less bug than webOS, i believe it was 1.4.5. Unless HP fixed tons of bugs which was existed on webOS, I probably would've want to throw the TP on the wall many times. And then lack of app comes my second most concern, hehe.

However, who cares with $99 price.
    I have an iPad 2 64GB 3G ATT and purchased a 32GB Touchpad.
    I have a 32GB iPad nano 3 that someone gave me as a gift almost 2 years ago!
    I am guessing that you are not going to get many responses here as your primary target audience more than likely will not respond because they fear the violent reactions from fellow fan boi's or even devastating reprisals from Apple itself (god knows it may be the end of the world if they got booted from the mailing list)...
    I have an iPad 2 32 gig. Using both right now. Like the way the Touch pad works but its a little bit slower and sloppier in the UI department compared to the iPad
    I own a iPad 2 32gb and the touchpad 16gb. I find myself using the TP more than my iPad. I have been a big webOS fan, I had the Pre-, Pixi, veer, and waiting on the pre3. I love my iPad because of the apps and build quality. The TP is very plasticy but I have recently bought a carbon fiber skin that makes it look great. Hopefully HP does not let us done and supports webOS.
    Already had a TP 16GB, iPad2 16GB WiFi, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB (yes, I know...I can't decide if it's an addiction or an obsession).

Had to get another TP32, since my kids keep using the 16GB TP.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Bought the 16G TP on the first day of the fire sale from HP. Ordered from OnSale two days later and had that order cancelled. Got the email link to reorder from OnSale last week and now have a 32G TP on its way.
    Got no iPad, got no TouchPad...cause half the people in this thread bought multiple TPs while I ran around finding none. Maybe I can respond in this thread in the future? Hope so!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

1 x 16gb iPad 1, a Galaxy Tab 7" and a cheapy 10" Android tablet. Mind you I was a WebOS fan, rocking a Pre2. The main reason I didn't grab a TP during the original run was because I turned myself off of the 4:3 aspect ratio. At firesale prices, it was mad not to.

The two Android tabs have since been sold and the iPad given to the old man, jncidentally.
    Ipad 1, 8gb Wifi (but almost never use it because my wife is always using it and when she's not, my son is!)

HP TP 32gb , got it for my birthday and it's mine, Mine, MINE!!! ($150 firesale)

Like it better than the Ipad. Mainly, probably, because it's mine!
    Did I mention it is only mine?? ; )
    (ok, my son does play angry birds occasionally on it)
    ChemEngr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiArch View Post
    Ipad 1, 8gb Wifi (but almost never use it because my wife is always using it and when she's not, my son is!)

HP TP 32gb , got it for my birthday and it's mine, Mine, MINE!!!

Like it better than the Ipad. Mainly, probably, because it's mine!
    Did I mention it is only mine?? ; )
    (ok, my son does play angry birds occasionally on it)
    You probably like TP better because there's no iPad 8gig existed. I guess you meant iPad 16gig, hehe.
    MiamiArch likes this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    does this count? my son has an ipad2 but hasn't put my fs touchpad down since I purchased it from qvc. btw the only reason I brought a fs one is because it was my last chance....I was planning on purchasing the pre 3 and tp from my carrier att.
    I had an original iPad and now have the iPad 2. Bought a 32GB TP and I *LOVE* it. I keep trying to flick to multitask on the Ipad now. I really hope development continues on WebOS, despite its few glitches it's a very elegant system.
    I have an iPad 2 64GB WiFi. I've had multiple iPads and passed them on to family members - the whole family is addicted.

I got a 32GB TP from BB online at the fire sale. I now also have one coming from OnSale.

I like the TP and WebOS 3 and it has some nice unique features. For $150 they are a fantastic deal. However it isn't in the same league as an iPad let alone an iPad 2 in terms of refinement, speed, overall feature set, app selection, app quality etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast