1.    #1  
    Did all the suggested steps - charged to 100%, did FULL ERASE, vol up when connecting, etc. Large USB logo was on screen when I started the Doctor then it went to HP logo after the last "next" prompt.

Went along and is now stuck at 8%! ..for about an hour at this point.

What is the safest thing to do at this point? Disconnect the Touchpad? I'm scared to do this - anyone else done this when the Doctor hangs? Trying to X out of the Doctor on my PC does nothing.

Help!!

-Thanks

Edit: Yes, it's the latest doctor (3.0.2). I had Preware and a couple patches, but did not unistall them first. Same for the Uberkernel and Govnah. I had doctored before without doing this and didn't have a problem.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    sounds like you might have the same issue as this guy http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...usb-drive.html
    when i did doctor i did it while it was connected to my comp through the USB and i used an program on my comp that i downloaded from palm's site. Could try that?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    Did all the suggested steps - charged to 100%, did FULL ERASE, vol up when connecting, etc. Large USB logo was on screen when I started the Doctor then it went to HP logo after the last "next" prompt.

Went along and is now stuck at 8%! ..for about an hour at this point.

What is the safest thing to do at this point? Disconnect the Touchpad? I'm scared to do this - anyone else done this when the Doctor hangs? Trying to X out of the Doctor on my PC does nothing.

Help!!

-Thanks

Edit: Yes, it's the latest doctor (3.0.2). I had Preware and a couple patches, but did not unistall them first. Same for the Uberkernel and Govnah. I had doctored before without doing this and didn't have a problem.
    One time on either my pre or tp I downloaded corrupted web doctor file, in other words it downloaded wrong.

So try deleting the file, then redownloading it before trying again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxKoss View Post
    One time on either my pre or tp I downloaded corrupted web doctor file, in other words it downloaded wrong.

So try deleting the file, then redownloading it before trying again.
    Hope that's all it was.

Unplugged and was able to sign back into my profile. Going to do a Secure Full Erase after full charge and try to doctor on a different computer with a fresh download.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    sounds like you might have the same issue as this guy http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...usb-drive.html
    Christ, just read that whole thread - really hope that's not what's going on here. Will update..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    when i did doctor i did it while it was connected to my comp through the USB and i used an program on my comp that i downloaded from palm's site. Could try that?
    Oh, yeah, lemme try that.. /s
  8.    #8  
    WHEW! Downloaded the Doc on another machine and ran it again. Went through just fine this time.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    WHEW! Downloaded the Doc on another machine and ran it again. Went through just fine this time.

Thanks for the help!
    Great!
    The other thread was mine... I have tried downloading different versions of the webosdoctor multiple times multiple machines and still having the issue. Currently, it is a paperweight.