1.    #1  
    Just wanted to share that I've got Slingbox to work perfectly on my Touchpad using Splashtop Remote Desktop. Runs very well when using the same router. We'll see how well it works outside of my network tomorrow.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    can you please post how it affects your battery life?
    Guess his battery died before he got the chance to answer
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTronix View Post
    Guess his battery died before he got the chance to answer
    i am interested in hearing how this worked on an external connection? Anyone try this over a 3g connection?
    twitter: fundserv
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarter View Post
    i am interested in hearing how this worked on an external connection? Anyone try this over a 3g connection?
    I tried it remotely. Upload speed from my Home LAN is over FiOS so 16Mps going out which is just about as fast as any residential connection can be. 2.4 Mps DSL line in the remote location, where I've used sling app with no issues. Barely watchable through splashtop. It drops frames every few seconds because there is no buffer, although the sound was ok. On my home LAN, splashtop slingplayer and netflix are fine, but my sense is that unless both ends of the connection are above 4-5 Mps, you definitely won't be happy outside your own LAN, and you might need even faster than that because there is no buffer to catch the occasional dropped frame when a packet arrives late. Forget a 3G connection, I wouldn't even bother to try that if a DSL line can't handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    I tried it remotely. Upload speed from my Home LAN is over FiOS so 16Mps going out which is just about as fast as any residential connection can be. 2.4 Mps DSL line in the remote location, where I've used sling app with no issues. Barely watchable through splashtop. It drops frames every few seconds because there is no buffer, although the sound was ok. On my home LAN, splashtop slingplayer and netflix are fine, but my sense is that unless both ends of the connection are above 4-5 Mps, you definitely won't be happy outside your own LAN, and you might need even faster than that because there is no buffer to catch the occasional dropped frame when a packet arrives late. Forget a 3G connection, I wouldn't even bother to try that if a DSL line can't handle it.
    I'll be testing via H+ Pre 3 to TP FreeTether method soon & posting results in less than a week. Alternate method is hauppauge broadway $200 http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_broadway.html
    I've been using this over the lan at home to watch my slingbox with great success, so I tried it while out-and-about today, and the results were very good. Not perfect, but very watchable - football highlights. I've got great up speeds from home (fios) and I was at a buffalo wild wings that seemed to have very good service as well. My biggest problem was changing channels via the remote that pops up in the browser interface. I never could manage to get 3 numbers pressed in the right amount of time. I thought maybe I could use the splashtop keyboard to direct input to the sling desktop player? doesn't wok in a browser.
    Now with the Android release I am trying to figure out if there is a better way especially since Slingbox has a Slingplayer for Android Tablets now.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I'll be testing via H+ Pre 3 to TP FreeTether method soon & posting results in less than a week. Alternate method is hauppauge broadway $200 Hauppauge Computer Works : Broadway
    Have you tried the broadway? I just got one and it does not seem to work nearly as well as the youtube video shows (search on touchpad slingbox in youtube).
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTronix View Post
    Now with the Android release I am trying to figure out if there is a better way especially since Slingbox has a Slingplayer for Android Tablets now.
    Let us know if that works out. It would be worth the install just for that feature alone, and no I haven't invested in the broadway I use Splashtop (and slingbox is a bit choppy)
    The SlingPlayer Mobile works on the CM7 release of Android for HP Touchpad but the SlingPlayer Tablet version does not since its for Honeycomb (which is suppose to be released for Touchpad eventually).