Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    there I said it......

yes I have iPad 2 but I reach for my TP every time.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I too love my TP, ever laid two TPs on top of each other? They touch, share, get a little hot, and it's totally sultry.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    As an Android owner... I LOVE WebOS.

Its great! Please HP... Don't quit! I would totally buy another generation WebOS tablet!
    like everyone else, would love to see the bugs worked out of it, but have to say that I really enjoy mine as well; and think it is a great product to have as my first tablet. I am just wondering what I will do when I am in public and cannot access WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    like everyone else, would love to see the bugs worked out of it, but have to say that I really enjoy mine as well; and think it is a great product to have as my first tablet. I am just wondering what I will do when I am in public and cannot access WiFi.
    Get a portable Broadband Wifi Modem unit to go with it/you?

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/232063/t...et-wifi-review
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/27/2011 at 02:41 PM.
    ikimashokie likes this.
    I love mine too! Just got it today!
    Got to figure out a few bugs and get it setup correctly (and wait for my screen protector)...once thats good ill be super happy for my first tablet!!!
    Love mine as well. Bye-bye iOS....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Get a portable Broadband Wifi Modem unit to go with it/you?
    Never heard of such a thing - will look it up to see if it is expensive.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    For $130 my Touchpad is the best bargain item I've ever owned and actually use daily!
    I love the little button with the light on it. And it blinks too, I love that.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    sometimes i snuggle it in my arms before going to sleep...

ok not really :P
    Android 2.2 phones and later also recent iOS versions can turn the phone into a mobile WiFi hotspot, to which you can connect your Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Also, all webOS phones can be WiFi hotspots, thanks to FreeTether.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    It has been a great investment for me. I love it! Now I am waiting to see if the Blackberry Playbook gets a firesale?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Can't complain for the firesale prices that we paid! Great for couch web surfing with flash and checking email. If priced at original MSRP then it totally fails. HP did the right thing by firing their CEO. After using the TP for a few weeks I still can't believe how HP priced it originally.
    We have a Virgin Mobile hotspot, it was $140 or so at Walmart, and there's a Walmart-hotspot-only plan where you can get 1GB of data for $20/30 days, and unlimited for $50/30days. We have yet to hit the 1GB mark, but for $20, it's nice to have near-guaranteed wifi.

It works great with our touchpads, and all the other gadgets we lug around with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    there I said it......

yes I have iPad 2 but I reach for my TP every time.
    Interesting and thanks for the insight.

Actually, I find many of these comments very interesting. Why does iPad 2 do so well when webOS rocks and is so different. I guess it comes down to being one of the "Jones" and like everyone else. I'm happy to say my TP is ROCKING and coming along very Very well and especially with the addition of some new apps like BHome DLNA player and the recent SplashTop rpd client.

Too be honest, I have most everything I need and can only see a few additions coming later, but then I don't have a iPad 2 so I don't know what I'm missing??? I guess iPad 2 owners also don't know what they are missing! Sorli...
    I thought I would have gotten bored with it by now, but it's just not happening. The elegance of it is just stunning. I love how you can just slide a card right off the screen.

I compared keyboard clicks. And guess who won? Touchpad. It's click is like a subtle pop, while the iPad is like a pencil tapping a desk, which gets annoying.
    I really enjoy my touchpad. I've got an ipad that I use too but the touchpad gets a lot of time for web browsing and general use. The ipad at this point is mostly used only for guitar amp sim, garage band, gaming, and figuring out how to do something that an ipad user asked me to help them with.
    I love this thread!

Also after 2+ months of ownership, my TouchPad keeps getting better every day. The thing I want the most is 2.2 for Veers and Pre2s.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast