Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I'm about to restore my TP using WebOS Doctor because I want to start clean. The reason I want do it is because my TP auto full erased itself without giving me an option to stop or cancel it. I want to make sure that none of the patches that I installed before is causing this and I will keep track on what I install from now on. I already posted a thread about that here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ed-itself.html

Anyway, after hearing a few people having issues being stuck at 8% and/or 12% and I just to make sure that I will do this the right way.

Just to be sure that everything is clean, I pulled out one of my spare Hard drives and reformatted it. I put in Windows 7 32-bit (Pro). I installed all the updated drivers, java, firefox/chrome and that's it!

I'm planning to follow this guide: How To Recover - WebOS Internals

I'm just wondering if I installed all the drivers that are needed before I begin? BTW, what is novacom? Because those few people who had issues was suggested to install this universal installer: Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

Should I install that too before starting the restore?

Or did I miss anything important?

THanks!

EDIT: Or is Windows XP/Linux/OSX better? I have all OSes available.
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/26/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    The first instructions according to the webosinternals about running java in the terminal right .. so my first step would be?

1) cd \tothejavafolder

then

2) java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jnlp

does the "webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jnlp" file include all the drivers for the touchpad?