Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have a new router in my home, the Cisco E4200. The Touchpad cannot connect when I set wireless security to WPA2, neither on the 5 GHZ nor the 2.4 GHZ channel, even though the Touchpad sees both networks (the Touchpad is 5 GHZ capable). I had to downgrade to WPA and then everything works fine.

But on every other router I have tried to connect to with WPA2 security the Touchpad connects just fine. That includes 2 other routers we have in different locations and various routers in Hotels, coffee shops, etc.

Does anyone have similar problems?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    have you tried updating the firmware for the router?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    have you tried updating the firmware for the router?
    I already have the latest firmware. The problem seems to be new routers, each one of my old routers does fine, but this is the latest model.
    I have a Cisco AP1142 and it works fine... but then again the E4200 and 1142 are very different.
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I've been having issues with my Sky Sagem router. Sometimes the Touchpad will connect automatically, then other times it won't even see the network. I either have to recycle the wi-fi on and off, or do a reboot. My laptop and desktop don,t have any of these issues. Plus I can always see the other networks that are close by, just not my own! Secured using WPA.