Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Even if "it prints effin money"
    The touchpad has many issues on the internet. Everyone says it doesn't need apps because it has the full internet. In my experience that is not true. MLB.TV is horrible on the touchpad. Redbox can't load more then 3 lines of movies on the touchpad. It automatically reloads web pages that use flash, over and over. Sites with a lot of images take forever to load, if they even load at all.

Oh, and the touchpad stinks for fantasy football. Yahoo, fantasy page, forget about it. ESPN stat tracker is worthless on it. I think I know why HP bailed on it.

Just sayin' *******...
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    The touchpad has many issues on the internet. Everyone says it doesn't need apps because it has the full internet. In my experience that is not true. MLB.TV is horrible on the touchpad. Redbox can't load more then 3 lines of movies on the touchpad. It automatically reloads web pages that use flash, over and over. Sites with a lot of images take forever to load, if they even load at all.

Oh, and the touchpad stinks for fantasy football. Yahoo, fantasy page, forget about it. ESPN stat tracker is worthless on it. I think I know why HP bailed on it.

Just sayin' *******...
    Don't know about the other issues you mentioned.

However, I can confirm that MLB.TV works flawlessly. The first few seconds lag a bit,
    but then the video continues smoothly. Unfortunately, I stopped watching baseball
    when it became clear that Yankees will win the World Series this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by vszulc View Post
    Better hardware? Hardly... They're both pretty equally matched in CPUs and GPUs. The Playbooks camera isn't top of the line, but at least it has one where the Touchpad only has a webcam.

The Playbook has a much sharper screen, but the Touchpads screen is brighter, so I comsider that a draw as well.

The 7 or 10 inch size is up to personal preference, but the heavy weight of the Touchpad is a big minus, as is the fingerprint attracting cheap plasticky design.

Both are fairly middle of the road, I'd say.
    i still have to giggle at people stating the touchpad is "too heavy" and keep imagining people struggling to lift the touchpad to their faces and all the time hearign the slow cracking of their wrists.

"too heavy" what exactly is too heavy?
    I have a Blackberry (work assigned) and I can't stand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I have a Blackberry (work assigned) and I can't stand it.
    same here... I don't like my work Blackberry. Never did. Never will.

(which is surprising, because I love Canada)
    A Blackberry device without a dedicated email app? No thanks, even at $200 I wouldn't buy it.

I ditched my blackberry for an iPhone last year. The only thing my blackberry did better was email...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12